OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Can anyone recommend?

Started by Nate, November 27, 2020, 08:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PalmettoRon

guesswho

Is the Mossberg already drilled and tapped?   If not, you would need to have that done.  A local machine shop could handle that, or You couls send it to Sumtoy.   He could drill and tap, plus provide a mount
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

PalmettoRon

turkeygod4

I started out with a Vortex Viper on my 12 gauge but it would not hold center. Returned it for a Burris FF 3 and I'm very happy.

Muzzy61

Lot of good red dots out there. For the price the Bushnell TRS-25 is a good one.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

NCL

Have followed this thread with interest as I am also in the market for a red dot for my 20. Had decided to go with the Leupold Delta Point Pro but the supply seems to be very limited. Based on Guesswho's recommendation took a look at the Holosun 507 which also seems to have an availability problem. There is a newer version of the Holosun 507 coming out but the company that has it listed says it will not be available till February. Did find the Vortex Venom available and was going to pull the trigger on that model but then read a couple of not so great reviews. So the journey continues

guesswho

Quote from: NCL on December 03, 2020, 09:41:13 AM
Have followed this thread with interest as I am also in the market for a red dot for my 20. Had decided to go with the Leupold Delta Point Pro but the supply seems to be very limited. Based on Guesswho's recommendation took a look at the Holosun 507 which also seems to have an availability problem. There is a newer version of the Holosun 507 coming out but the company that has it listed says it will not be available till February. Did find the Vortex Venom available and was going to pull the trigger on that model but then read a couple of not so great reviews. So the journey continues
I'm pretty rough on my equipment   I had three of the Venoms and have hunted them hard.  Absolutely zero issues with mine.  I sold one of them to Firedup and bought the Holosun just because of green being anoption.  If you found the Venom in stock I think you would be pleased.  And their customer service is top notch.  Unconditional lifetime warranty.  Just food for thought.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

NCL

Quote from: guesswho on December 03, 2020, 12:55:45 PM
Quote from: NCL on December 03, 2020, 09:41:13 AM
I'm pretty rough on my equipment   I had three of the Venoms and have hunted them hard.  Absolutely zero issues with mine.  I sold one of them to Firedup and bought the Holosun just because of green being anoption.  If you found the Venom in stock I think you would be pleased.  And their customer service is top notch.  Unconditional lifetime warranty.  Just food for thought.

Thank you for the input it is very welcomed. It is good to hear from persons who have used the product and their results. Based on your thoughts I am going to take a second look at the Venom. Again thank you

Mossberg90MN

I have a Burris fast fire 3, but last season I used a try glo micro red dot.

To be honest I may use my tru glo again because my Burris sits a little high on the adapter for the weaver rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: Muzzy61 on December 02, 2020, 02:00:27 PM
Lot of good red dots out there. For the price the Bushnell TRS-25 is a good one.

I am very impressed with the TRS-25 on my 1300. Has handled 12 gauge 3" turkey loads and slugs for several years and never needs adjustments.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Turkeyman

First thing to determine is whether you want a red dot scope or holographic sight. Personally, I prefer the scope.

Meleagris gallopavo

I have a Vortex Venom and a Burris FF3.  I were to look at another I'd try the Swampfox Kingslayer.
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.