OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your on-line friends want to know, leave instructions

Started by eggshell, November 27, 2020, 07:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggshell

My heart was heavy this morning when I read two post, on a fishing forum I am a member of, one asking where a community member was and the other a eulogy and death announcement for him.

We develop a community in these on-line forums and the friendships become real relationships. I would go as far as to say we learn to love people we have never met or may never meet. I wonder how many of us live secret lives on these forums? Does anyone close to you know how to log on or leave a post? This became real to me in 2009 when I was shot in a hunting accident and nearly died. I had very close friends on a hunting forum and they noticed my absence and no one knew how to check on me. When I finally got back on line I received a beautiful welcome home and so many virtual hugs I was physically moved.

Here is my request: Share your log in information with someone close to you and let them know what you want shared. Ask them to keep your friends on-line updated, when your not able. The virtual community is awesome in these forums and the support is often more than your physical world friends offer. I have even considered writing some good-by letters and leaving them in an envelope with "open at my death" on them. Included would be instructions to my on-line families.

Sorry for the repeat of the accident. I copied this from what I posted on other forums that never knew of my accident

Tom007

Great post, I am very happy to hear of your recovery from the accident. I wish you continued health and look forward to your interaction with all of us on this great forum. Be safe....

Sir-diealot

I used to belong to a forum called Rootzoo that was a sports forums and many of us became very close. The sight went belly up and we for the most part all lost touch until we ran into each other on Sportsviews.com or Facebook and one of the women went through and found many of use on Facebook and brought us all back together.

I have cried over the loss of a few friends that passed away from that site, most I found out about right away and some not until long after they died. I am going to have to have both my knees replaced in the next 6 months (If this Covid stuff is over) and I have already been working up a list to do just this.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

I think a lot of us who are on the forum year round have made contact with each other, other than using this forum. Facebook friend, messenger and private message on the forum and text .. phone number also...and we have met a lot of the members at Unicoi and NWTF in Nashville ....

Tail Feathers

I've seen a few wives log on to give the bad news over the years.  Happened on another forum I'm on very recently.  We knew the guy was battling cancer but he was posting one day and gone the next.
Yeh, it's a good thing to let people know and I'm sure the condolences well wishes in the replies would make the family feel good.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Tom007

Unfortunately I haven't been able to meet anyone on this great forum due to COVID. As soon as this is behind us, I plan on attending Turkey Trot Acres, and the NWTF convention in Nashville. I would love to meet some of my friends here on the forum. Stay tuned. Be safe.....

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on November 27, 2020, 05:51:44 PM
Unfortunately I haven't been able to meet anyone on this great forum due to COVID. As soon as this is behind us, I plan on attending Turkey Trot Acres, and the NWTF convention in Nashville. I would love to meet some of my friends here on the forum. Stay tuned. Be safe.....
Yea we were going to meet up so I could get those magazines, that went kaput for the time being.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."