OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Scratcher mess  (Read 3355 times)

Offline drenalinld

• Paintbrush Beard
Scratcher mess
« on: October 30, 2020, 10:26:34 AM »
Gotta do something with this pile.....SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline worth612000

• Longbeard
Re: Scratcher mess
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 10:27:59 AM »
Use them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline drenalinld

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 10:28:46 AM »
Have a few favorites that I hunt.

Offline Beards and Hooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 01:40:09 PM »
Nice mess of scratchers, I have about 30 myself and have really bought the vast majority of em in the last year. Who are your favorites in that picture Dren, what do you hunt?

Offline drenalinld

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 01:45:11 PM »
Lot of good ones there. Joe Sherrod, Ernie Fetters, Tim Bullock, S&S, Curtis Terrell, Jimmy Shaffer, pappy, Bill Lyman, Tate Williams..... I hunt Cox and Lamar

Offline callmakerman

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 07:47:27 PM »
Love hunting scratch boxes. If you have one made by Doug Camp you want to get rid of let me know.

Offline drenalinld

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 07:49:01 PM »
I love them also, Bill. You may notice about 20 of yours in that stack. Unfortunately, never had a Camp scratcher.

Offline Jonathan Wise

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 04:55:54 PM »
I almost never leave without scratch box in the vest. I have at least as many if not more, haven't counted lately.

Online paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 05:19:32 PM »
I almost never leave without scratch box in the vest. I have at least as many if not more, haven't counted lately.

Same here. I have a big mess of scratchers and strikers too. Our fellow member here Boatpaddle would remember me suffering a bad case of scratchbox mania few years back.

Thanks to Boatpaddle, I carry a killer Ernie Fetters woodpile scratcher. Also carry one from Shadetree Callers that is a flat out runner, it even kee-kees easily (like having a long box shrunk down to fit in your shirt pocket).

Bob at Shadetree also made me a small scratcher from cherry and walnut that came from Dick Kirby's personal wood pile after he passed away that is priceless to me. Took it to the woods once and got on a big wood gobbler at daylight, chased him all morning and finally got the drop on him before quitting time. Put that little Kirby wood scratcher away after that.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline Jonathan Wise

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2020, 01:21:39 AM »

Same here. I have a big mess of scratchers and strikers too. Our fellow member here Boatpaddle would remember me suffering a bad case of scratchbox mania few years back.

Thanks to Boatpaddle, I carry a killer Ernie Fetters woodpile scratcher. Also carry one from Shadetree Callers that is a flat out runner, it even kee-kees easily (like having a long box shrunk down to fit in your shirt pocket).

Bob at Shadetree also made me a small scratcher from cherry and walnut that came from Dick Kirby's personal wood pile after he passed away that is priceless to me. Took it to the woods once and got on a big wood gobbler at daylight, chased him all morning and finally got the drop on him before quitting time. Put that little Kirby wood scratcher away after that.

That's similar to Steve Mann box call he made me that used Cypress given to him by Don Chancey. Pretty cool.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 03:40:38 AM »
Drenslinld you were the one who inspired me years back from your posts/videos to give scratchers a try. Might now be my most used calls. Almost always start w one and somehow I’ve accumulated a good pile as well. Funny though cause I commonly use the same one or two very often