OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NWTF 2021 Virtual Convention

Started by slicksbeagles1, October 10, 2020, 09:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slicksbeagles1

I know everyone got the same email as I did! What is your opinion on it?

PalmettoRon

I didn't get the email, but presume 2021 is going virtual? If so, that will be a killer financially. I get it though.

greencop01

I'm tired of virtual this or that, a turn off for me. But if they have a virtual call makers sale as part of the event I could go for that.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Greg Massey

davisd9

I think it is pretty senseless. Just cancel it. Thankful Unicoi is still on for now.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

rakkin6

I disagree that it should be cancelled, maybe I am in the minority on this. But I am so over the coronavirus. Look it is not going away vaccine or no vaccine. It is the same thing has the flu (but it is stronger). If people think by not going out you are mine or not going to get it you are fools. NWTF isn't getting my money this year.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Jrkimbrough

I personally have zero interest in a virtual event. Virtual booths is the craziest thing I've heard of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

No doubt for those that have personally attended the convention in the past, this is a real bummer.  For those of us that have not been able to attend them, for whatever reason, the virtual event could be a positive.  Unfortunately, I suspect there will be some sort of "attendance fee" for the virtual event,...and it will probably be steep enough to discourage those like me that might "drop in" to see some of the events from doing so. 

If done properly, I think the virtual format could be a real boon for the organization.  On the other hand, if it's just thrown together to try to suck money out of the pockets of turkey hunting enthusiasts, it could end up as a disaster both in terms of economics and further alienating sportsmen who have tired of the money grabbing attitude. 

For the vendors, they should be able to reach a vastly larger audience for their products with a virtual event,...once again, assuming the NWTF leadership doesn't price themselves out of having that audience. 

We'll see....

Greg Massey

Quote from: GobbleNut on October 11, 2020, 02:00:05 PM
No doubt for those that have personally attended the convention in the past, this is a real bummer.  For those of us that have not been able to attend them, for whatever reason, the virtual event could be a positive.  Unfortunately, I suspect there will be some sort of "attendance fee" for the virtual event,...and it will probably be steep enough to discourage those like me that might "drop in" to see some of the events from doing so. 

If done properly, I think the virtual format could be a real boon for the organization.  On the other hand, if it's just thrown together to try to suck money out of the pockets of turkey hunting enthusiasts, it could end up as a disaster both in terms of economics and further alienating sportsmen who have tired of the money grabbing attitude. 

For the vendors, they should be able to reach a vastly larger audience for their products with a virtual event,...once again, assuming the NWTF leadership doesn't price themselves out of having that audience. 

We'll see....
Totally agree, well said ... good or bad ...

Cowboy

Yep, I'm completely sick of this Covid crap.

Tail Feathers

If they offer it free it may be worth a look.  If they want a fee, I won't.  The real deal is something to see for sure.  But not being able to handle the merchandise, the calls and talk to the people, it won't be worth paying for a virtual visit. 
I don't like all this COVID crap either.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

rakkin6

I have been lucky since I live next to Nashville I have been a few times and love it. Me and the wife make a whole day out of it. She goes to Opry Mills Mall and I go to the NWTF. We both lie about how much money we spent lol. Didn't mean to come off has a jerk in my last post, I am just so over everything being cancelled and living in fear of COVID. If I offended anyone I apologize.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Prohunter3509

Quote from: rakkin6 on October 11, 2020, 08:38:16 AM
I disagree that it should be cancelled, maybe I am in the minority on this. But I am so over the coronavirus. Look it is not going away vaccine or no vaccine. It is the same thing has the flu (but it is stronger). If people think by not going out you are mine or not going to get it you are fools. NWTF isn't getting my money this year.

X2

davisd9

I am not saying it should be canceled because of the virus, but if they feel they have to take this step then they should just cancel it.  I am not going whether it is open or not, but virtual show is just silly, imo.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

NCL

Quote from: GobbleNut on October 11, 2020, 02:00:05 PM

We'll see....

As someone who probably will never be able to attend in person due to the distance and the costs associated with that distance I agree with the above quote. This will possibly afford me the opportunity to see the gathering, provided the pit falls that Gobblenut points out are not in play. Sure it not be the same as an in person appearance but certainly better than not at all.