OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mid-Sept Gobbles  (Read 1974 times)

Offline AppalachianHollers

• When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
Mid-Sept Gobbles
« on: October 03, 2020, 06:08:41 PM »
A several weeks back heard some gobbling in East Tennessee.
Occasionally seeing a gobbler with a couple hens, but usually just flocks of hens or lone gobblers feeding. Are they or will they soon be in their “winter” pattern?

Saw a flock of about 30 one morning when scouting for deer, but they were far enough away I couldn’t see who had a red head and who didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Twowithone

• Longbeard
Re: Mid-Sept Gobbles
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 11:52:39 AM »
Ive heard them gobbling in Pa. and this was in our late muzzleloader season. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Offline Paulmyr

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 06:36:44 PM »
Heard a couple gobbles the day after Thanksgiving fuck hunting the Missouri River. They were on the SD side. 1st two were shock gobbles to the 1st gun shots of the mourning. The second 2 about an hour or so later were free gobbles.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Offline AppalachianHollers

• When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 10:49:07 PM »
Heard every turkey sound but a gobble out of a group of about 18 turkeys that were scrapping about in the mud of a recently-drained drawdown inlet off the river.

The cacophony was so over the top that I thought to myself they must be farm turkeys until I saw them.

There they were, prancing in pairs at one another with their claws, three-quarter strutting some of them, all happy and clodden-feathered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk