OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevishot 13

Started by Sherrell, May 18, 2011, 05:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherrell

been looking at all the places I know and can't find them.

Hevishot 13 12 gauge 3.5" # 6 1 3/4 oz.

I see #6 2 1/4 oz. everywhere,but they just will not pattern well in my gun.

If anyone knows of who carry these,I would sure appreciate the help.

TauntoHawk

have you tried the 3in 2oz #6... I know a lot of guys that stepped down to the 3in from 3.5's and saw a more even consistent pattern
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

goblr77

Choke it right and the 2.25 oz will smoke the 1.75's. What gun and choke are you running them through?

Sherrell

Remington 1187 with a Hevishot choke.

Longshanks

ummmmmm....7's??   watch out..we will be talking you into that :boon:.. will keep an eye out for you on the 6's.

T-hawk is right ..both of my beretta rigs one with PG .670 and the other .671 Hevi Choke will shoot the 3/2/6's fantastic.

Sherrell

What I did was throw the jelly head in the garbage as that's where it belonged after the pattern it produced.

Sherrell

Quote from: Longshanks on May 18, 2011, 07:23:02 PM
ummmmmm....7's??   watch out..we will be talking you into that :boon:.. will keep an eye out for you on the 6's.

T-hawk is right ..both of my beretta rigs one with PG .670 and the other .671 Hevi Choke will shoot the 3/2/6's fantastic.

Thanks...I will give that a try.

chipper

Bass pro in Nashville did have the 3.5 1.75 loads but haven't been in there in a few weeks.

TauntoHawk

sherrell what kind of patterns are you getting?
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3" 870 Shell Shucker

There is also a current 3" 1.75 Ounce #6 H13 shell, and I have gotten 155-159 with 3 different chokes in my 870 and BPS.

Sherrell

I'm good to go...called hevishot directly and Kelly has me seven 5 round boxes headed to Osceola country.I'll be good to go for awhile.
Thanks everyone!

Gobble!

Sounds odd but good luck to ya

Sherrell

Might sound odd,but with the number of longbeards I've tagged with the loads....believe I keep everything JUST the same.

sugarray

Quote from: Sherrell on May 19, 2011, 01:55:50 PM
Might sound odd,but with the number of longbeards I've tagged with the loads....believe I keep everything JUST the same.

Nothing better than that right there.  No since changing what works.

Gobble!

Quote from: Sherrell on May 19, 2011, 01:55:50 PM

I agree with ya 100% plus those shells are cheaper then the 2.25oz shells anyway