turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Whats your favorite pot call?

Started by Dr^ke, February 27, 2014, 08:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

See below, this Screamin Demon corian pot call is smoking.  I have a West Augusta dymondwood striker in route too...

:drool:

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

WildTigerTrout

Cody Calls "Woodsman" Slate with Cody's Bocote wood striker. :gobble:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Jbird22

I have several pots that I consider to be dang good ones but the one that is most likely to be played first to a turkey this season is my Sneed Hot Hen. It is all hen with either a Dad's Persimmon, Dad's Purpleheart, or Jay Ritchie Purpleheart w/Walnut top! I also plan to run my Yingling Copper, Twisted Sister, and Lights Out Aluminum later in the morning/mid day. Everything but the Lights Out is new to me for this season so looking forward to putting them to the ultimate test.

okiegobblers

Currently a Kimmy Hanks slate with a butternut base and maple striker.

PALongspur

Cody Spec 1 slate with either their bocote striker or a birch laminate Lightning Strike from Ted Peters.

yelpaholic

I like others have several very good sounding pot calls, mostly due to having researched them on this forum.  But my goto for the last 10 years has been a Magnolia Game Calls blackwalnut slate.....PURE TURKEY...

ElkTurkMan

My favorite pot call is a Moye Howard Ceramic in zebra wood. A close second is a copper pot call Tim Sanford made. 

ridgerunner

My favorite call is a Prairie Game Calls, Hackberry Slate, with a Holly striker..Awesome call.

shaman

My favorite pot call is this:

It is a Heirloom Double Barrel, done by Brian Warner.  Slate on one side, crystal on the other with an awesome sound chamber in the middle.   Brian gave me that one in my pro-staffer's kit.

My Second Favorite is one of my own creation, from The Shamanic Signature Series:

the one in the middle is a slate over glass, and it was the first pot call I ever used to call in a gobbler all by itself.

I guarantee every shamanic call I make:  no turkeys will laugh at you or your money back.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries  of SW Bracken County, KY 
Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Chris Downs

Bowguy

My favorite pot call is whatever is in my hand at that moment. I'll pick em up constantly n run em just to hear them. It all depends on what you're doing w them. For me slate wise it's typically Cody woodsman or Lights out, if I wanna run a nasty/raspy call Halloran's crystal mistress is fantastic, Aluminum is again Lights out but everyone's gonna tell you different n everyone likes something different.

chuckward

owlhoot

Ceramic over slate in Birdseye maple .  Just got it from Pappy and boy does it scream.

Thanks Pappy. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

bammerslammer 50

Doug camp slate with a hunters addiction diamond wood striker.

WillH