OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Whats your favorite pot call?

Started by Dr^ke, February 27, 2014, 08:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferocious calls

Have a pile of pot calls. Hands down Lonnie Sneed's raspy old hen is my favorite. American Chestnut striker. American Chestnut pot with a leather cover. One of the best trades to date.

Redfish

Halloran Double Glass
John 3:16

MikeStaten

Shaffer's Mad Hen and Mad Hen II both sound very good. 

Footballer

West Augusta

Quote from: ferocious calls on February 19, 2015, 06:53:12 AM
Have a pile of pot calls. Hands down Lonnie Sneed's raspy old hen is my favorite. American Chestnut striker. American Chestnut pot with a leather cover. One of the best trades to date.

I'm glad to hear that someone else likes his Raspy Old Hen slate call also. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Ctburdchasr

Day break aluminum in a curly shedua pot with a kwila striker and my lonzo trice double glass call with a dymond wood striker seem to get the most done.

wisconsinteacher

Brian Mero ceramic or Hook's bronzed glass are my #1 and #2 calls. 

kyhareraiser

As of now it's a slate call made by Gobblin Tom Game calls

bcknuts

Bill Baubilt copper pot .Killed many a bird with it.Love it on a damp morning.   Kevin
Kevin

gaboy

My favorite depends on which is the last call I purchased. Right now it's a Tim Sanford Slate over Copper with burl cherry.  Before that Tim's Copper over glass with Brazilian Rosewood. Have a Crystal over Copper with Claro Walnut Tim made for me. I'm still getting used to running the Crystal. But it struck a bird on hard hunted WMA in late season when none other would.

thundrchikin

Cane Creek Calls   New Reaper glass with bloodwood striker.

greencop01

:OGani: :newmascot:   An Enticer Silver Fox aluminum with the laminated striker that came with it.  :OGturkeyhead:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

SEMO

A Pappy's Titanium, that he was gracious enough to let me assist in making. I've paired it with a Woodhaven flared tip striker. I called in 2 birds for a double with a buddy less than 24hrs from being made. The glue wasn't even dry yet!!! It's called in a bunch over the last few years.