OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey hunting over corn?

Started by bghunter777, May 22, 2013, 09:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Quote from: mikejd on May 28, 2013, 12:17:37 PM
Here in ny there is no anonymous calls. DEC cannot do anything unless you will come forth give your name and phisically say that I saw the bait. They have no grounds to be on that persons property without the complaint. An anonymous is not concidered a complaint. Already tried it. It was about deer and not turkeys.

I am kind of surprised by that.  Here we have "Operation Game Thief" which is a program so that people can turn in poachers.  You can call in anonymously to report game law violations,...I mean "anonymously" in that the poacher never finds out who turned them in.  If the poacher is apprehended and prosecuted successfully, the person that called in the violation can receive a reward for it.  It is a great program and definitely curtails illegal activity to a degree.  We have collected rewards on several occasions after witnessing game law violations.  I thought most states had that kind of program in place nowadays.  If you don't, I highly recommend talking to your DNR about starting one up.  You would be surprised at how many people that would turn a blind eye to poaching otherwise will all of a sudden get involved when there is a reward involved!