Pinhoti Project

Started by crenshawco, June 21, 2018, 03:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncturkey

Awesome hunting videos.

Cove

Quote from: Brian Fahs on August 03, 2018, 07:53:00 PM
Just watched day 21 hunt.

You guys are lucky. Where I hunt public in the northeast that hunter would not have stopped till he was standing at the base of the tree that gobbler was rooted in.

When you think you have seen it all someone will always show you a new level of dumb.

I swear some days it's like someone set off a stupid bomb in the area....lol.

I was very surprised this exact thing didn't happen! It was my full-on expectation when he made that first call. . . .

Brian Fahs

Just watched today's posting.

Tough 3 days but so real world public land hunting.

Thanks for sharing Dave.

Cove

Just got another day up! It's day 25. Thanks for those of you keep up with it!

ILHUNTER

Everyone has to miss sometime, those barbwire fences can definitely break up a pattern.  Always looking forward to the next video, keep up the good work.

Brian Fahs

Day 25 episode miss

Was the gobbler over a slight rise from the shooter? It looked like from the camera he should have been visible.

I know I pulled the trigger a half a dozen times before te miss.........lol.

Brian Fahs

Day 26

That gobbler was on the ground early. I had a few of those this year......

Love it!

Cove

Quote from: Brian Fahs on August 08, 2018, 05:25:34 PM
Day 25 episode miss

Was the gobbler over a slight rise from the shooter? It looked like from the camera he should have been visible.

I know I pulled the trigger a half a dozen times before te miss.........lol.

He most definitely was. And he would fall out of sight then reappear. Shane never had the visuals I had, those big oaks just to the left of the gobbler were a constant issue for Shane. We all know how a gobbler seems to stay behind a tree for the entire walk in right? Perfect example.  :toothy9: I think Tom Kelly said that it's scientifically proven.  :toothy9:
Quote from: Brian Fahs on August 09, 2018, 04:22:27 PM
Day 26

That gobbler was on the ground early. I had a few of those this year......

Love it!

Way early!! You know they're eager when they're ready to jump down that soon. And it was a situation where you take the gamble to get there or listen to them gobble all morning because once he met up with the others I would bet the farm they would have been tough to wrestle with.

jryser

And a HUGE shout out if gratitude to you Cove for the extra work u did burnin the midnight oil. Made today a WHOLE LOT BETTER!  Plus my nurse loved watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cove

derek

Fell a little behind. Finally had an opportunity to binge watch the last 3 episodes this morning. Loving it. Cant wait to see all of the other places your season took you!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

Brian Fahs

Looking  a little tired and grouchy in today's video dave.

That is turkey hunting at its best.

silvestris

The forgetful episode.  I hate it when I walk off without my gun.  Good hunt.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

jryser

A fav episode as I lose something every time I'm out. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cove

Thanks guys! I'd have paid someone a fine sum to walk back in there after that gun. As long as they weren't a turkey hunter of course.  :funnyturkey:

Quote from: Brian Fahs on August 13, 2018, 09:07:01 PM
Looking  a little tired and grouchy in today's video dave.

That is turkey hunting at its best.

It probably gets worse. Most people think it's the limited sleep, and a bit of it may be, but most of it is aggravation from having to clock into work and leave the woods early. I find my spirits climb a bit when I get to travel. It'll be coming in another week or so. . .