turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Funky chicken

Started by Headhunter270, February 17, 2013, 01:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamagtrdude

I personally prefer to use the funky chicken during my celebratory dance after busting a gobbler!!!   :you_rock:

hehehe...  But seriously, I could see the application for it around here; the long neck could help get the head up above some brush/weeds/grass on some pastures we've got that have grown up, so...  I might get one, I might not...  Could be one of those deals where I snag one on the cheap, once they stay on the shelves all season long & I try it out next season...  We'll see...

In the meantime, I've repainted my jake & intend to use what's always made gobblers madder than hornets!!  ;)
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

Chuck1443

Lol 49ers Merton hanks dance

jmasters

I only wish i invented that awesome 'turkey killin machine'. 

IowaGobblers

I will say, I was very, very skeptical when I went with my uncle to take my young cousin on his 2nd youth hunt and my uncle pulled out a funky chicken and set it up. But to my dismay, I watched as 2 big gobblers and a huge group of jakes came to it on a rope after they flew down, and my cousin smoked one at 15 yards... may it have been a one time thing? Possibly, but they sure seemed to be very interested in it.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: bamagtrdude on February 24, 2014, 01:11:13 PM
I Could be one of those deals where I snag one on the cheap, once they stay on the shelves all season long & I try it out next season...  We'll see...
X-2

Well we know it worked at least once.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRCz9jA-7RQ
:dancingturkey:
              ^^^^^^^^^^
             Funky Chicken
                 Dance
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

DirtNap647

tomatohead

took my nephew last year youth hunt, he had one and wanted to use it so wanting him to enjoy the day and feel involved we put it out with a hen and had mouthy hen followed by a good gobbler come right to it... He missed the tom and as we sat there talking it over heard another gobble and shortly two jakes showed and came running to it but he did not miss one of them... so not sure what to think other than on that day things were working for the funkster !!!  lol

guesswho

I personally don't use decoy's but I've been telling people for a long time to get at least two of them, see post number two in this thread.  There's a couple reasons this thing will work.  One, a turkey reacts instead of thinking.  Two, I only know of one person that has ever mentioned number two.   But I've noticed he's a pretty observant fellow.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

tnturkey

not for me but whatever floats your boat.

L.F. Cox

Quote from: guesswho on February 17, 2013, 02:15:55 PM
Everyone should have at least two.

And three silent dog whistles and 4 squawl'in hens....and a partridge in a pear tree.

Lucky Clucker

I'm going to make me one out of an old Pink Flamingo yard decoration, paint it black and put the turkey colors on it and bam !
Hunt every day as if it were your last.

turkeyfoot

The stuff they will make to make a dollar I'd just spend the money on gas and do little extra scouting better way to get your bird

mudhen

I think it would work fine in many situations...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

bamagtrdude

---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

appalachianstruttstopper

Given the right time of  season I think a Tom would attack a black trash bag. If not attack it, breed it. lol