OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mississippi tags out?

Started by strut, February 16, 2022, 05:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simpzenith

Quote from: Turkeyfever on February 22, 2022, 02:46:27 PM
I got the public land permit for non resident, so are the WMA drawings  out also? Or has that one even taken place yet?

They're both out. You should receive a separate email for the quota hunts.

deadbuck

If you watch the MDWFP monthly commissioners meeting online you will see that 1097 NR applied and they planned on giving out 1000 NR permits. The guy reporting said they may just give every body that applied a permit since the 2 numbers were so close. If that holds, luck had nothing to do with it, all you had to do was apply.

dzsmith

Quote from: Turkeyfever on February 22, 2022, 02:03:56 PM
I was successful! Wonder how many got drawn?
apparently from I've seen , everybody who normally attends got drawn .... Or either they are lying to get under residents skin .
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Howie g

I know of a few people that didn't get drawn . 

Paulmyr

I wonder if this a reflection of past NR hunter numbers during the 1st few weeks of the season or did a number of NR hunters plan on not participating because of the drawing and did not apply?
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

dzsmith

It's interesting that's for sure, but my guess would be many didn't apply this time .... What's funny is .... The folks who need ms for a bird , ain't the ones who applied . The ones who come here every year ...did. Just what I observed I'm sure some new ones applied and did get it
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

simpzenith

I wonder if the number that applied for the quota hunts changed any from usual?

sasquatch1

Let's make some YouTube videos of some gobbling birds and then commence to explaining the draw to the masses more.

Next year we can prob even put the video out while the draw is still open.

It should really help the odds in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dublelung

Quote from: strut on February 16, 2022, 05:40:22 PM
Has anyone else received their Mississippi tag? Mine arrived in the mail today!
:blob10:

Mississippi doesn't have tags.

Jbird22

Quote from: simpzenith on February 23, 2022, 07:57:16 AM
What I'd love to know is the % of non-residents vs residents who got drawn for the WMA hunts.

arkrem870

Quote from: sasquatch1 on February 23, 2022, 08:20:24 AM
Let's make some YouTube videos of some gobbling birds and then commence to explaining the draw to the masses more.

Next year we can prob even put the video out while the draw is still open.

It should really help the odds in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's a great idea.   We can pimp out the public hunting and the draw and make sure we are never drawn again!  We will get so many likes/clicks it'll be worth it.

deadbuck

Quote from: Jbird22 on February 23, 2022, 09:32:55 AM
What I'd love to know is the % of non-residents vs residents who got drawn for the WMA hunts.

That should be random through the draw process and a different percentage every year.

fmf

[/quote]

That should be random through the draw process and a different percentage every year.
[/quote]

I'd still like to see the data on it, I'm genuinely curious how many oos folks that put in for open land draws also put in for WMA's.  I would imagine that it would be a pretty high percentage, but  who knows.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Quote from: Jbird22 on February 23, 2022, 09:32:55 AM
Me to because I didn't draw.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

deadbuck

I didnt draw either, and i know way more locals that didnt draw than did