only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I have to Raise my Voice!

Started by pappy, April 28, 2015, 10:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornfedkiller

Quote from: M Sharpe on April 28, 2015, 07:56:41 PM
When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world

I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my country .

When I found I couldn't change the country , I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.

Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family.

My family and I could have made an impact on our town.

Their impact could have changed the country  and I could indeed have changed the world.

– Written by an unknown Monk around 1100 A.D.

Excellent post.

And I think it has a lot to do with who we elect as leaders in this country.. Its been a long time since we had a government FOR the people.. I'm only 28 years old, and I fear for what the future holds for our country.

Jbird22

Pappy, great post! No, you are not alone. I was just talking about Baltimore with my Dad last night. I can't understand for the life of me why we allow such third-world rioting (no, it's dang sure not a protest!) in our Country. There are civil ways to protest and then there is unadulterated rioting like we saw in Ferguson and now in Baltimore. People need to be put back in their place and law needs to be restored! There is NO EXCUSE for something such as this to disrupt peoples' everyday lives in the United States. I'm growing more and more disgusted by the day at what our N-A-T-I-O-N has become! Folks, you who are Christians need to be in sincere prayer for a change of hearts in our people so that they'll have the courage to elect the RIGHT people to be our leaders!

Btw, I had to spell N-A-T-I-O-N like that because it wouldn't show it if I spelled it normally... ???

pappy

All the these replies are great in response to my question....it is in the failure of leadership where the source of this troubling and fearful condition has gripped our country. Leadership starts in the home then filters out from there, if we could see how our country's leaders were raised, I bet we would see why they react to these outrageous acts of "third world" activities, not to mention the folks who are fueling these actions. I see no humor in destroying your neighborhood, city or country because of the tension that is brought on by "inside resources" those few who thrive on building discriminatory walls between all of us.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206