OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

polishing your Barrel updated pics.

Started by VAHUNTER, February 06, 2011, 10:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbuck326

:help:  I dont have a junk choke like IMP on 835 mossberg  so dont care about x factor choke Can  I  polishing with x factor .695 after done and will put new IC choke .675  :help:  :thanks:

VAHUNTER

Quote from: bigbuck326 on March 22, 2011, 05:44:36 AM
:help:  I dont have a junk choke like IMP on 835 mossberg  so dont care about x factor choke Can  I  polishing with x factor .695 after done and will put new IC choke .675  :help:  :thanks:
sure. that will be fine  :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

Richyb

I have a stoeger p350. Is it fine to polish my barrel or will i damage it? Can i use a wire cleaning brush? thanks.

gophert

VAHUNTER,

Great info by the way.  All my supplies have arrived to polish my barrel this week.  However, my season opens Saturday.  Would you go ahead and polish the bbl or wait until after the season?  I'm assuming it can't make anything worse.  THANKS!

VAHUNTER

gophert i would go ahead and polish it. the only change you will see from polishing is to the better. Best of luck this season  :icon_thumright: Shawn
Good things come to those who wait

YoungJake

Cool method! can you just tell me some of the things this will do to help your barrel? thanks!

new2turkey

Quote from: YoungJake on April 09, 2011, 11:20:58 AM
Cool method! can you just tell me some of the things this will do to help your barrel? thanks!

YoungJake,

This will improve numbers in the 10", with more even patterns.

njdevilsb

Quoted from the original post...

"you will see a mirror finish,better patterns(in most cases ) as well as easier cleanup of your barrel !!!!!!"

ltprod

will this work on benelli barrels?
benelli crio barrels?

torrey
1-225-315-6677

I hate turkeys

"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

Wingbone

After reading all six pages, I'm convinced I need to do this, but how do I know if my barrel is chrome-line or not? I have an 870 turkey barrel(brand new). I thought most modern shotgun barrels were chrome-lined, though I've read that Browning is only lining the chamber, not the bore. I just don't want to mess up a brand new barrel. How do I find out? Which manufacturers are commonly known for chroming the bore?
In Hoc Signo Vinces

kdog

Has anyone ever used polishing compound instead of the JB bore cleaner?Just wondering if it would do the same with the kroil.
Kdog

Eric Gregg

Unreal.....my gunsmith said that when it comes to your gun and it being in good condition, looks can be decieving. After seeing what came out of that barrel i think i need to touch mine up.

Thanks for the much needed info.

Gus_13

Quote from: ltprod on April 24, 2011, 10:20:33 PM
will this work on benelli barrels?
benelli crio barrels?

torrey

I have a Benelli Nova and want to do this.  Is there any reason we won't be able to on the Benelli?
I also have a Winchester 1300 I will do after.  Looks great and I'm definitely not opposed to easier cleaning.
Strut. Gobble. Die.