OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Are you a turkey hunting addict or a wanna be?

Started by Paulmyr, October 02, 2022, 01:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulmyr

How many guys on here have a gobble for their ringtone or alarm clock? Presently mine's just the alarm clock.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Turkeybutt

No, I don't, but I like it.
That's something i might have to look into but then I might be sleeping in the spare bedroom!

Tom007

Gobble ringtone, definitely an obsessed Turkey addict and proud of it. :turkey2:
"Solo hunter"

guesswho

I've always slept on the top bed of bunk beds.   I used to fly up at night and fly down at first light.   But the last several years I just strut around on the top bunk at first light then use the ladder.   I had the gobble ringtone years ago, but now have a hoot owl.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Upfold99

When I wake office computer up it plays a spring morning with different song birds. At the end of the sequence a crow fires off and you know what answers him.

Email notification is an owl

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Zobo

I wear Mossy Oak Bottomland socks to important business meetings. I keep bionoculars in my car at all times. I once moved a family photo and put up a turkey fan in its place. I haven't used a weed or grub pesticide on my lawn in 20 years, I look at it as turkey food. A deer hunting friend once ribbed me for foolishly chasing silly birds, he's no longer a friend. I roast wild turkey for Thanksgiving. I carefully siphon off vacation savings money to buy turkey calls.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Tail Feathers

Not on my phone, but when I call my friend my ringtone on his phone is a gobble.  And he doesn't even hunt them.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

NCL

Quote from: Tail Feathers on October 02, 2022, 09:48:12 AM
Not on my phone, but when I call my friend my ringtone on his phone is a gobble.  And he doesn't even hunt them.

My former hunting buddy (he moved out of state) had a ringtone gobble for when I called. Not sure if he changed the ringtone after he moved

Greg Massey

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: guesswho on October 02, 2022, 08:28:57 AM
I've always slept on the top bed of bunk beds.   I used to fly up at night and fly down at first light.   But the last several years I just strut around on the top bunk at first light then use the ladder.   I had the gobble ringtone years ago, but now have a hoot owl.
Funny, video please. I had a ringtone, I got to be too much. I am an addict for sure and a turkey call addict as well. Keep telling myself I am going to slow down with the calls but its so hard, slot of awesome call makers out there and great guys!

crow

I'm not much on electronics,

but I've drawn so much air thru a wingbone call when I pass gas yelps and clucks come out.
Early morning sounds like a fly down cackle

tal

Quote from: crow on October 02, 2022, 02:17:11 PM
I'm not much on electronics,

but I've drawn so much air thru a wingbone call when I pass gas yelps and clucks come out.
Early morning sounds like a fly down cackle

:TooFunny: too much information, too much information. If it starts to sound like spring break up I had chili the day before

Yoder409

Beyond addict.   But my ringtone is a cardinal.  Never have to turn the ringer down in the turkey woods.  Can have a bird in my lap and my phone rings..........turkey never flinches.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

callmakerman

I make my own calls to hunt with. Pretty much covers it.

roberthyman14

Quote from: Upfold99 on October 02, 2022, 08:36:38 AM
When I wake office computer up it plays a spring morning with different song birds. At the end of the sequence a crow fires off and you know what answers him.

Email notification is an owl

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
How do you setup your computer to do that

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk