Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Are you a turkey hunting addict or a wanna be?

Started by Paulmyr, October 02, 2022, 01:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Quote from: tal on October 02, 2022, 02:26:13 PM
Quote from: crow on October 02, 2022, 02:17:11 PM
I'm not much on electronics,

but I've drawn so much air thru a wingbone call when I pass gas yelps and clucks come out.
Early morning sounds like a fly down cackle

:TooFunny: too much information, too much information. If it starts to sound like spring break up I had chili the day before
:TooFunny:  Crow .... OMG ........  :morning:

tal

Turkeybutt

Crow there is something seriously wrong with you bud!
I'd get that checked out.

Gobbler428

My ringtone is a hen cutting and a gobbler responding.  My wife hates it but she's decided to just live with it!

crow

I did, and it's too late.
.They were right all along, it's the fluoride in the water, or was it too much corn, it'll come to me.

And double secret probation is still better than than the draft board being notified.
about getting time for a fall turkey road trip

Cowboy

I'd say addicted and I dont want cured. First weekend of our bow season and my brother and I are talking turkey from the tree stands. Hes hearing a gobbler sound off past 2 days. Also planning our spring trek westward.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Also kids report back first thing about turkeys they have seen from the school bus before they say how school or ball practice went that day
. Whole family are ate up with it.

jhoward11

Guess by your description, I'm just a wanna be. No ringtone, no alarm. Now my wife does wake me and says " Hey Turkey , get out of bed". Not sure that counts.

Paulmyr

Quote from: jhoward11 on October 03, 2022, 10:16:10 AM
Guess by your description, I'm just a wanna be. No ringtone, no alarm. Now my wife does wake me and says " Hey Turkey , get out of bed". Not sure that counts.

That's Ok. There's different stages of the disease.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

GobbleNut

I had the gobble ringtone installed once for a single call, at which point "the boss" said to remove it immediately,..."or else".  Naturally, I put my foot down on the matter,...and removed it immediately.   ;D

I still have an alarm clock that gobbles,...but haven't used it in a while.  I know better than to put a gobble on my phone as the alarm sound because,...well, see first point above. 

I do have a bottle opener that gobbles and yelps when you open a bottle, but that has been relegated to the hunting cabin,...again, see first point above. 

All in all, I suppose I am a wannabe, but the "silver lining" is that at least I am still alive (i.e...."or else" covers a lot of possibilities that I do not wish to explore)     ;D :angel9:

Mossberg90MN

I used to have it as my text ringtone. Then people started looking around when they would hear it and they would seem puzzled haha

After a while my coworkers said it was bugging them so I caved and went to default ping or whatever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

Wannabe here. Never have had a gobble ring tone in my life. No turkey stickers or decals. As far as most know I have never even heard a turkey gobble. I do spend a lot of time looking for mushrooms in the spring though.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

perrytrails

My brother and I were standing beside a big Cedar one morning. Waiting patiently ...

Whippoorwill blows our ear drums out from that Cedar. He recorded it and made it his ringtone. Sounds sweet. He has a android phone so I don't know if it would work on iOS.

I'll see if I can get it from him and attach it here for you android guys.

I've always had the crickets ringtone so if I forgot to silence my phone I'm good.

perrytrails

quavers59

I have an old NWTF alarm clock. It still works!  Gobble- Gobble- until,I flatten that Button.