OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Custom Striker Maker

Started by RunNGunSC, February 15, 2022, 03:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

spurs2bgobblin

Quote from: M,Yingling on February 17, 2022, 09:00:46 PM
JLH   makes some great ones
this guy makes a pretty killer striker too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"In the South it's an understanding. To a turkey hunter, it's a life not subject to change. They know it's crazy. But to them, to us, it's worth it."

Meleagris gallopavo

Other striker makers I like are Chad Remenaric, Paul Durham and Wendell Rye.  I have a few from each.  I have a couple from John Haines that I like.  Brian Johnson makes some really top notch strikers and he's on my list. 

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Ranman

Use JLH, Wendell Rye, and not the best looking, but great sound is Lonnie Sneed.

BTH

Bill Lyman
Fred Cox
David Halloran 1pc
JLH
Stuckey 1pc Rutland dymondwood
My own 2 pc
Phil 4:13

sbbow

Chad Remenaric
Clay Townsend
Fred Cox
JLH after I sanded that monster flare off. To big for a trough or other small surfaces imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bobk

Bill Lyman

Mike Yingling  fiberrod

callmakerman

I want to thank those who tossed my name in here. It's really appreciated. Most probably don't know that I've stopped taking orders and only turn when I feel like it. I'm going to toss in a name myself and that's JLH. I had the chance to run a few of his strikers and can say without any doubt I would put them in my vest to use. Top notch work and I do like his design.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: callmakerman on February 21, 2022, 04:41:16 PM
I want to thank those who tossed my name in here. It's really appreciated. Most probably don't know that I've stopped taking orders and only turn when I feel like it. I'm going to toss in a name myself and that's JLH. I had the chance to run a few of his strikers and can say without any doubt I would put them in my vest to use. Top notch work and I do like his design.
I've got several of yours as you know.  They're all players! 

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

tracker#1

I have a lot of JLH strikers as well as others mentioned here and can say they are top-notch people to deal with. Right now out of all the strikers my favorite is JLH frog wood. It runs most of my pots...my go to

CntrlPAlongbeard

How do you buy a striker or two from JLH?
his Facebook page has some sporadically for sale but can you just message and order from his inventory? Or is it just as they come on his Facebook page?
You are going to find him endlessly fascinating, occasionally easy, regularly difficult, and frequently impossible, but never dull. -Col. Tom Kelly

JLH

You can send him a msg here or on FB...

He's usually pretty good about getting back to you.

And he would also like to thank everyone for the kind words!

btodd00

I just received two in the mail from JLH and both of them are top notch in quality and sound

The striker that came with my mike yingling copper pot call works well on every call I have

Both of these guys were great to deal with even though I didn't know exactly what I was looking for

callmakerman

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on February 21, 2022, 05:57:45 PM
Quote from: callmakerman on February 21, 2022, 04:41:16 PM
I've got several of yours as you know.  They're all players! 
Thank you and it was a pleasure turning them for you.

KeyDett

At this point I've pretty much went to all JLH strikers. For me they just fit in my hand well and they sound great.