News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pinhoti Project

Started by crenshawco, June 21, 2018, 03:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jryser

Quote from: Cove on August 31, 2018, 09:52:41 AM
Stayed up late and got up early to have another ready today. Day 42 is encoding now. Hopefully be up shortly.
Ahhh to relax over Labor Day weekend with some great video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Fahs

Really enjoying this series dave.

Thanks for sharing.

Upfold99

# tagged out!!!!

LOL!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WiLL B

Come on with another one!

Big Timber

I totally stopped watching  hunting videos years ago until I found out about them on this forum. The best turkey hunting videos I've ever watched. Keep them coming!

GobbleNut

Episode Day 46:  I've watched the segment at the 16 minute mark several times and can't figure out what happened there.  It looked to me like Squirrels shot was low, the gobbler flew, and then it sounds like another shot from somewhere and the gobbler folds and goes to the ground,...then flies again.  Maybe its just the perspective of the camera angle, but it sure looked like that bird was shot out of the air with a second shot after the first miss.  ...?????

Cove

Quote from: GobbleNut on September 10, 2018, 02:19:16 PM
Episode Day 46:  I've watched the segment at the 16 minute mark several times and can't figure out what happened there.  It looked to me like Squirrels shot was low, the gobbler flew, and then it sounds like another shot from somewhere and the gobbler folds and goes to the ground,...then flies again.  Maybe its just the perspective of the camera angle, but it sure looked like that bird was shot out of the air with a second shot after the first miss.  ...?????

I guessing what you heard is the footage and pitch of the shot picking back up to "real time" after I slowed it down to see the miss. The gobbler did drop back down to the ground to avoid some limbs I'm guessing then quickly got another push off and over the next ridge he flew.

It's hard to imagine a day can be so good, yet so bad as day 46. Whew. I'll be okay if I never have to go through that again.

Swamprunner

This was exactly my thought.  I initially thought that Squirrel missed, and Dave crunched him in the air.  Then I thought squirrel followed his first shot with a fatal shot in the air.  When I slowed it down I could see the bird get airborn after hitting the ground, but he sure did fall awkwardly.

We have all missed, and it has sucked every time.

greencop01

I see Squirrel had a red dot sight (?) on his gun. Was the sight off, did he ever check the zero of the sight? Or does he think he outright missed both birds. Hey we all missed. Great videos,keep em comin.  It is a marathon, not a sprint. Time to sleep after the season.  :popcorn:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

buzzardroost

I've been really enjoying the videos.

I'm surprised by the amount of calling
you do to these Public birds. I guess I've just always been a lot more conservative. I do see where you gave the silent treatment on day 46, now that's more my style. I've learned from watching you that maybe I can be more aggressive.

I do have a good challenge/suggestion for you Dave. Next season, come try the Big South Fork in TN. I have turkey hunted numerous public lands in numerous states and this home ground of the BSF still kicks my butt on a regular basis. I'd love to see how you would tackle it.

Cove

Quote from: buzzardroost on September 10, 2018, 09:01:59 PM

you do to these Public birds. I guess I've just always been a lot more conservative. I do see where you gave the silent treatment on day 46, now that's more my style. I've learned from watching you that maybe I can be more aggressive.

I do have a good challenge/suggestion for you Dave. Next season, come try the Big South Fork in TN. I have turkey hunted numerous public lands in numerous states and this home ground of the BSF still kicks my butt on a regular basis. I'd love to see how you would tackle it.

You're up near the Ky line? I hunted the Ky side there several years back.

buzzardroost

Quote from: Cove on September 11, 2018, 10:42:01 AM
Quote from: buzzardroost on September 10, 2018, 09:01:59 PM

You're up near the Ky line? I hunted the Ky side there several years back.

Yes, some of the BSF is in KY and a large portion is on the TN side.

Cove

Quote from: Swamprunner on September 10, 2018, 06:58:31 PM

This was exactly my thought.  I initially thought that Squirrel missed, and Dave crunched him in the air.  Then I thought squirrel followed his first shot with a fatal shot in the air.  When I slowed it down I could see the bird get airborn after hitting the ground, but he sure did fall awkwardly.

We have all missed, and it has sucked every time.

I honestly think he had no idea what had just happened and had pitched up, landed and was going to do the ole "longneck" to see what that loud noise was. Then as soon as he hit the ground he saw Squirrel charging from the tree and decided it as time to exit left.

WiLL B

greencop01

More great video. What I admire is that you live and breath turkey hunting. It is an admirable trait.  :newmascot:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!