OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Forum Improvements and Suggestions

Started by Old Gobbler, March 28, 2012, 09:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Ugly

I'm a noob here but I enjoy the friendly and civil discourse.  I've been on other sites that have got WAY out of hand.  A pat on the back sure beats a punch in the nose.   :thanks: for the moderating.

wisconsinteacher

One thing I thought of was adding a new area in the guns section designed for 16, 28, and .410.  When these topics come up in the general gun area, they get pushed down rather fast.  I would do all 2 gauges in one area.  Just an idea.

TN-Hunter

I was referred to this site by a friend and he told me (I have seen none of the BS and arguing over small ignorant things that relay mean nothing,no bashing this or that differant products people or company's).And I have to say he is right. Good job !

HARDCORE

A six figure salary and company vehicle for each of the moderators, except (Bob) C.A.S.H.   :TooFunny:

HC

bird

Quote from: Hardcore on March 29, 2012, 09:31:41 PM
A six figure salary and company vehicle for each of the moderators, except (Bob) C.A.S.H.   :TooFunny:

HC

I could live with that. 
  :icon_thumright:

runngun

This is the only place I am a member of!!! I love it!!!
"A friend sticketh closer than a brother" and I got a bunch of friends on here!!!
Are we going to LIGHT IT UP BLUE for April, for Autism Awareness Month?
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

jblackburn

I love OG!  Being connected with other turkey hunting fanatics is wonderful.  The site is useful, easy to navigate, and best of all civil. 

The only thing I could see would be a Turkey Kill/Harvest thread or "Braggin' Board" for pictures and stories of the hunt.  This would free up the General forum a lot.  I love seeing pictures and reading stories of kills but I also love reading the "normal" general forum topics as well.

All in all, this is a great site!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

TRKYHTR

Home is where you hang your hat. I've been hanging my hat here for a long time.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

REBELYELL

I love this place year around and especially during turkey season. I have learned much on here, especially tips on calls, shotgun loads and chokes. I have met some great friends on here too. I would like to see a dedicated turkey kill thread, separate from the general discussion. I would also love to see an annual OG biggest gobbler contest, but for an individual score, based on the same scoring system as the team scoring. The prize package could be something like the bingo winners recieve, with only members with 100 posts allowed to enter before the seasons start. It would be fun to see all the big birds scored and watching someone getting crowned the OG Stutter of the Year. There could be one overall winner and smaller prizes for the longest beard, total beard(s) length, spur length and the heaviest bird. If necessary, I am sure everyone would throw in a few dollars to pay for some nice prizes, like an entry fee, or maybe some of our wonderful sponsors could help out. It would be alot of fun to watch the leaderboard throughout the Spring seasons.
:z-winnersmiley:

Neill_Prater

First thought I couldn't think of anything, but actually do have a suggestion. It would be nice if the original poster could delete the entire thread in the Classifieds when something sells. Probably a third of the posts I click on, you read to the end of the thread, and find the item is no longer for sale.

CASH

Quote from: Hardcore on March 29, 2012, 09:31:41 PM

HC

Guess I just need a dollar and a bicycle!
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

handcannon

Quote from: CASH on March 29, 2012, 06:34:42 PM
I wouldn't mind having a child board for turkey kills to free up the General Forum.  If we could get everybody to post there.  The GF really gets clogged up during turkey season.
I like Bob's Idea on this one......believe it or not! :TooFunny: I know it has been discussed before but I'd also love to see more of the kids hunts. If the "turkey kills" were segmented into a child board, I'd like to see a youth section possible too. I love to see the kids smile with their birds.

Another suggestion would be in the call makers section. There seems to be more and more people interested in call making here recently and I think thats great. A lot of them are asking the same questions over. Maybe a FAQ section could be put in. Before the big crash, there were quite a few good pictorials and tutorials that were posted for new call makers. If we could add a child board for that as well, maybe we could get some more posted up to help out some of the new guys. Just a thought.

Preacher

I like it,  and It took guts to put this post out there.   There are always is room for improvement , some little thing here and there,  some fine suggestions have been made, and I am sure they will be taken into consideration.  But the overall condition and attitude of the board is good,  thanks to everyone involved.

ps the deal with Jay and his team says a lot for them and this board  great job folks!!!!!!!!! :z-winnersmiley:
Romans 8:37

busta biggun

I echo all the lovey dovey comments about what's good here. Great site. Here's a thought: is it possible or legal to allow "likes" for a post? I guess I am so Facebook centered, but there are so many times I want to "like" a guys comment. Says all I need to say and I don't have to copy and paste and then compliment. Just a thought.

Eric Gregg

First off, this is the best site out there. The many different topics about guns, calls, recipes, strategie, man, if you can't find it here it just can't be found.
This is a very friendly forum, and I have a priveledge of being on the best turkey team that has ever been in turkey hunting, The Roaring 20's. Great folks.
I am a satisfied member with absolutely no complaints.

Thank OG :you_rock: