OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Forum Improvements and Suggestions

Started by Old Gobbler, March 28, 2012, 09:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catdaddy

Quote from: busta biggun on March 30, 2012, 09:03:38 AM
I echo all the lovey dovey comments about what's good here. Great site. Here's a thought: is it possible or legal to allow "likes" for a post? I guess I am so Facebook centered, but there are so many times I want to "like" a guys comment. Says all I need to say and I don't have to copy and paste and then compliment. Just a thought.

I 'LIKE" that idea!!

Old Gobbler

Quote from: catdaddy on March 30, 2012, 11:41:51 AM
Quote from: busta biggun on March 30, 2012, 09:03:38 AM
I echo all the lovey dovey comments about what's good here. Great site. Here's a thought: is it possible or legal to allow "likes" for a post? I guess I am so Facebook centered, but there are so many times I want to "like" a guys comment. Says all I need to say and I don't have to copy and paste and then compliment. Just a thought.

I 'LIKE" that idea!!
Im going to look into that - there are all kinds of add-ons and modifications to the site , and we are going to be doing a update to the newest version and and a minor facelift 
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Old Gobbler

Quote from: eaglea1 on March 29, 2012, 10:29:52 AM
I love everything about OG!  :thanks:
The only thing that I think would be cool, is if (and maybe I can already do this,but don't know how) a person could subscribe to a thread now and then. Then if you wanted to go back later
and read up on further comments etc.. you wouldn't have to go thru the search function.
But, by far, this is a great site, and thanks for all you do. :happy0064:
use the " notify " feature its right under any post made on the forum , and is very popular by the bingo players

-Shannon

Old Gobbler

Quote from: dirt road ninja on March 29, 2012, 10:59:04 AM
Like it the way it is. If my employer knew how much time I spent on here I'd be missing a good piece of my butt.

The only suggestion I might make would be a youth hunter section. Us members with kids could try and get our children more involved with it. As a father with young kids I'd feel very safe with my children visiting this site.
Just made a :icon_thumright: section --Thanks --Shannon

-Shannon

Old Gobbler

Quote from: 870FaceLift on March 29, 2012, 12:39:28 PM
Love this site!   :you_rock:

I do think it would be beneficial to have an "Events" section (if it's here, I haven't found it).  It would be a good place for members to post info on banquets, conferences, competitions, trade shows, etc.  I'd love to have a better pulse on the events taking place in the turkey community around the country.  Perhaps there is even a way for members to post these events to an OG calendar???
Done --Shannon

-Shannon

Old Gobbler

Quote from: wisconsinteacher on March 29, 2012, 07:49:43 PM
One thing I thought of was adding a new area in the guns section designed for 16, 28, and .410.  When these topics come up in the general gun area, they get pushed down rather fast.  I would do all 2 gauges in one area.  Just an idea.
Ive made that into a child board next to the muzzle loads and lead areas - if it gets popular we will move it to its own section -  when I get some time I will try and move some threads into that area to populate the new section --Thanks --Shannon

-Shannon

Old Gobbler

Quote from: ghillie on March 29, 2012, 10:56:26 AM
Very well said Shannon...can't agree more!!  Love the site and the 'vibe'!! 

I can think of one thing I would like to see more of...there already is a place for it but I would like to see a more specific 'calling' section.  Especially in the area of how to talk to turkeys...I know I and prolly some of the newer members/hunters would like an 'instructional' calling area.  Tips and techniques kinda...make sense??

Thanks for the opportunity to voice an opinion!
Done --  Thanks --Shannon

-Shannon

Ol'Mossy

Quote from: miketphoto on March 29, 2012, 08:37:39 AM
After looking at some of the other turkey hunting forums this one had the best set up and ease of use out there.  So I joined this one.  Plus the 20ga specific info has been fantastic for me. I would leave it be.

X2

kruk

It would be nice to be able to embed youtube videos instead of having to click on links to view peoples hunts. Or if we do have that ability, I haven't figured it out yet. Other than that, well done!

jblackburn

I did not read through all the posts, so if this has been said, feel free to delete, ignore, or whatever. 

How about a state section, each state can have it's own forum that way we can ask state specific questions or even get together to hunt.  Archertalk has this feature with each state forum under a main link of "States" so the main page is not cluttered.

Just a thought.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Hooksfan

I haven't been on the site for very long, but have enjoyed it so far.  Also, Angry Bird's sensitive manner of moderating if he feels I am trying to derail a topic was a real draw as well.   :angel9:

Seriously, this site was brought to my attention by some guys that told me this place was as ate up about turkey hunting as I was, and they relayed several stories about folks willing to go out of their way to help other hunters out.  I feel I can come here and share some info and get some as well.

Sherrell

Very hard to improve on perfection...as far as Angry Bird and of course it is only a opinion!

Al for President!!!

bird

Old Gobbler

We did away with the sold items for two reasons

1) it took too much time to monitor it each day

2) keeping them all in the same area actually helped the sellers reputation , because all his good prior transactions were right there for the members to inspect - this helps sells items, and helps the callmaker/seller build up a good reputation 

all the seller has to do is mark it "SOLD" and all is well

-Shannon

Tail Feathers

I'm not a big fan of a bunch of forums.  I don't mind a few busy ones as opposed to having to surf through half a dozen specialty forums.  I think you have enough different forums now.
This place has done well keeping drama out and general conversation in, with plenty of turkey talk for anyone. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!