turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Forum Improvements and Suggestions

Started by Old Gobbler, March 28, 2012, 09:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghillie

Very well said Shannon...can't agree more!!  Love the site and the 'vibe'!! 

I can think of one thing I would like to see more of...there already is a place for it but I would like to see a more specific 'calling' section.  Especially in the area of how to talk to turkeys...I know I and prolly some of the newer members/hunters would like an 'instructional' calling area.  Tips and techniques kinda...make sense??

Thanks for the opportunity to voice an opinion!

dirt road ninja

Like it the way it is. If my employer knew how much time I spent on here I'd be missing a good piece of my butt.

The only suggestion I might make would be a youth hunter section. Us members with kids could try and get our children more involved with it. As a father with young kids I'd feel very safe with my children visiting this site.

FullChoke

Shannon,

I thoroughly enjoy this site and the real sense of friendliness that I feel here. This is due, in no small part, to your marshaling of the exchanges and content, and the weeding out of those who would sow discord. Well done.

I have one small suggestion. I like how you have different colored areas to show separate posts on a subject. Could you lighten the darker area just a little to provide better contrast between the background and the text? This would make it a little easier to read.

Thanks.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Full Flight

I am a fairly new member to the site, and think it is fantastic.  It is my contention that the various forum segments are a great way to find opinions on topics that are of interest to me.  However, the debates on whether a topic belongs in one forum or another get a bit tedious.  I am specifically talking about the gun forum and the pattern picture forum.  These two topics are inseparably linked, and in many cases could be in either forum. Great debates occur among posters as to which forum a particular post belongs and the original question or topic is never discussed.  If this could be either better explained as to where something should be posted, or if the post is just move it to another area by you or your designate (I do realize the time commitment of this) I believe would be a benefit to the Forum in general.

Gooserbat

I like it the way it is.  It's has become my favorite place on the web over the past few months.  No nonscence, Healthy debat in an adult manner, not a bunch of  "false credentials" just a bunch of people from several walks of life with the comon bond of turkey hunting.  We agree to disagree on oppinions and educate each other on the facts. 

As far as changes some cosmetics could be in order if your inclined to do such but I like the ease of navigation through out the site. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

870FaceLift

Love this site!   :you_rock:

I do think it would be beneficial to have an "Events" section (if it's here, I haven't found it).  It would be a good place for members to post info on banquets, conferences, competitions, trade shows, etc.  I'd love to have a better pulse on the events taking place in the turkey community around the country.  Perhaps there is even a way for members to post these events to an OG calendar???
Pass it on...

anthonyjhallen

No complaints here.  And I commend you on always trying to make improvments.   :icon_thumright:

Gooserbat

Quote from: 870FaceLift on March 29, 2012, 12:39:28 PM
Love this site!   :you_rock:

I do think it would be beneficial to have an "Events" section (if it's here, I haven't found it).  It would be a good place for members to post info on banquets, conferences, competitions, trade shows, etc.  I'd love to have a better pulse on the events taking place in the turkey community around the country.  Perhaps there is even a way for members to post these events to an OG calendar???

I like this.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Frankinthelaurels

IF IT HAIN'T BROKE as they say, what are you going to fix!!!  BEST, turkey site on the net, bar none!!  NICE job, glad I found it.

mossy835

Quote from: ghillie on March 29, 2012, 10:56:26 AM
Very well said Shannon...can't agree more!!  Love the site and the 'vibe'!!  

I can think of one thing I would like to see more of...there already is a place for it but I would like to see a more specific 'calling' section.  Especially in the area of how to talk to turkeys...I know I and prolly some of the newer members/hunters would like an 'instructional' calling area.  Tips and techniques kinda...make sense??

Thanks for the opportunity to voice an opinion!
I like the site and agree with the above as I am always searching the web for new and better turkey sounds and calling info. Other than that it is good to go for me!

kamski1151

Just perfect the way it is.......Glad to be part of the addiction.

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

Old Gobbler

We are planning annual face lift to the site , and a upgrade in the version , we have to test it out first  but  as soon as Annie gets freed up with some time we will get it done 

There were some changes I was going to make to the classifieds , to make it more beneficial for everyone , with some perks  - and stream line and overhaul the classifieds  - this will be down the road

keep the feedback coming --Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

CASH

I wouldn't mind having a child board for turkey kills to free up the General Forum.  If we could get everybody to post there.  The GF really gets clogged up during turkey season.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

bbcoach

Shannon,
This site is the best!  Great info!  No Bashing because of conflicting opinions.  And I Throughly agree with the 50 post limit for viewing or selling in the classifieds.  It definitely keeps out the RIF RAF!
I have to say a BIG THANK YOU for all the time and effort you and your staff put into this.  I have learned so much from EVERYONE on this GREAT SITE.  I think I speak for everyone, THANKS SO MUCH!

SinGin

This is truly a wonderful site. No bashing and no fan boys. You and Annie do a terrific  job. I know some people say change is good, but I really think there isn't much to do to improve this place. Sam