turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Case for wingbone

Started by Quackwacker NC, March 02, 2015, 12:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quackwacker NC

Anyone know of a good case to store one in when carrying in a vest scared to break it

callmakerman

Find a big enough piece of river cane, turn some end caps and you would be good to go. Dave ( Blackfalcon on here) had some real nice case's he was making for trumpet and wing bones.

M Sharpe

Quote from: Quackwacker NC on March 02, 2015, 12:08:56 AM
Anyone know of a good case to store one in when carrying in a vest scared to break it

I carry mine around my neck on a lanyard. Why carry it in the vest??
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

paboxcall

Quote from: outdoors on March 02, 2015, 08:32:41 AM
AROUND MY  NECK ALSO.  :icon_thumright:

:agreed:  And keep the wingbone tucked inside my buttoned shirt when moving, just to keep it from swinging around.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

FinBonZ

I know Kevin Lynch came up with some knife cases that weren't too big but fit a wing bone well.  Cheap too.

mgm1955

:agreed:
Quote from: paboxcall on March 02, 2015, 10:01:34 AM
Quote from: outdoors on March 02, 2015, 08:32:41 AM
AROUND MY  NECK ALSO.  :icon_thumright:

:agreed:  And keep the wingbone tucked inside my buttoned shirt when moving, just to keep it from swinging around.

M Sharpe

You can go to any hardware store and buy the plastic tubes with the colored end caps, like the one Realtors put their flyers in. That's what I carry them in to the shows.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

idratherb

West Augusta

I cut a short piece of PVC pipe and covered it with camo tape and stuffed foam packing in the ends.  I carry a cane yelper in it that doesn't have a lanyard
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

M Sharpe

Quote from: West Augusta on March 02, 2015, 09:41:33 PM
I cut a short piece of PVC pipe and covered it with camo tape and stuffed foam packing in the ends.  I carry a cane yelper in it that doesn't have a lanyard

Steve, do you need a lanyard?? I can't imagine anyone selling one with out.

nitro

I buy the clear tubes from U-Line.

For transportation in the field I sometimes use a knife case from A.G. Russell.  They do the job and are relatively inexpensive and come in different lengths too.

http://www.agrussell.com/nylon-zipper-case-1-3-4-x-4-1-2/p/CZNhhh1442/
Royal Slam 2008