OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR!!!

Started by drakekilla12, May 06, 2011, 06:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drakekilla12

long story so here we go....

Yesterday my buddy and I went out to his farm to try to kill a late season gobbler. We get out there and he walks out hastily and busts the while field.  They didn't have much to run to considering all the flood waters here in western ky. Anyways I ha to belly crawl out to put up killer b and got about 8 yrds out in front of me ( trying to avoid getting busted again) now all the sudden I hear my buddy frantically whispering my name and I look up and 2 bug ol gobblers are RUNNING to whoop up killer b!! It wa too perfect and all o the sudden I see my buddy move his gun to position.   The bird freeze.. Putt.... And then run off! We were both blocked by big limbs so I couldn't get a shot off.   I was pissed to say the least.  Did the birds just instantly loose confidence or was it indeed that he moved and they gt him?    Thanks

Ky strutt n bust n

where in western ky you located in?

WyoHunter

You need to stress to your hunting buddy how sharp a turkey's eyesight is and how quickly they pick up movement. To say I would have been upset is putting it mildly!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: WyoHunter on May 07, 2011, 12:49:00 AM
You need to stress to your hunting buddy how sharp a turkey's eyesight is and how quickly they pick up movement. To say I would have been upset is putting it mildly!

:agreed:  A turkey can see about 8 to 10 times better than you and can pick up and process movement something like 3 or 4 times faster.  If you blink your eyes too hard with a bird at 40 yards and he'll likely bust you.  Sounds like you need to kill the ants in your friend's pants quick!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.