OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Gun Picture Thread

Started by Ol'Mossy, March 29, 2011, 04:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Quote from: cjr1 on January 06, 2015, 08:29:50 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on October 29, 2014, 09:35:07 AM
Current look of my 835 after adding a few upgrades:

Which stock is on your gun in the picture?

It is an ATI pistol grip stock that I had dipped to match my 835.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

grayfox

This is when I first set up the TruGlo Tru-Brite using a saddle mount.  Hunted with it like this one year before having it drilled & tapped.

This is after I had it drilled & tapped & covered it in Mossy Oak Infinity camo film.  Also installed a UltraDot Red dot sight.

Latest look.  Went back to my old TruGlo Tru-Brite.  Had to change back to a higher comb height & camo it to match the stock.  Turned out great.  Love this setup better.

Tbrady835

Tbrady835

Tried to make pic a little bigger

Bustabeak

My new baby. Browning A5 3-1/2" bottomland

Tbrady835

Tried to get bigger pic but I can't quite master photobucket lol but this is my go to 835 w/ knoxx nrs stock bushnell trs-25 red dot mossy oak graphic gun kit in obsession, shooting 3.5" 6 shot longbeards w/ facrory ulti full turkey choke putting around 185 in 10 @ 40 it throws a good even killin pattern  :OGturkeyhead:

FullChoke

Remington 870 20 gauge, polished barrel, Mueller red-dot sight, custom 3D camouflage, hand woven paracord sling.

It's bad.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

turkey buster

Quote from: FullChoke on January 26, 2015, 04:33:26 PM
Remington 870 20 gauge, polished barrel, Mueller red-dot sight, custom 3D camouflage, hand woven paracord sling.

It's bad.

FullChoke

That's sweet

CrustyRusty

You can't post that pic without putting up the details of that gun full choke!  That is truly a gun you can't put down in the woods or you'll never find it!  Very nice btw...

Tail Feathers

Winchester SX3 20 gauge with TRS-25 red dot, Carlson's flush .581 choke and Claw sling.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

FullChoke

Quote from: CrustyRusty on January 27, 2015, 05:02:00 PM
You can't post that pic without putting up the details of that gun full choke!  That is truly a gun you can't put down in the woods or you'll never find it!  Very nice btw...
I wanted to do a DIY camo on this gun about 3 years ago. I have hand painted guns in the past, but I wanted to see how far I could push this project. I decided that since a gun's profile was already very close to a limb, I would use that as a starting point. There are two basic philosophies in camo, either make it look exactly like something already accepted in the environment, or make it look like it generally belongs in an environment and doesn't draw attention to itself. Most camo companies hold to the second idea because it makes it easier to create clothing in random shapes that are still effective. I went with the first philosophy. The bark pattern runs the long axis of the gun the way it does on a limb. The coloring was done sitting next to a tree in my backyard and matches the color found about 2-3 feet from the ground. I also did a little advanced color camouflage with what is know as countershading. Basically it involves making the color darker on the top and lighter underneath. This effectively counteracts the normal effects of shadows and highlights and leaves it unnoticed. It is able to adjust to changing light conditions throughout the day the same way a real limb does.

When hunting with it, I have had several birds within 10 yards that seem to have paid no attention to it at all. I can report that last year one particular 3 year old slipped in on my wrong shooting side (to the right) and spent the rest of his life watching this gun swing 90 degrees onto him. I figured that since limbs are moving in the woods all the time, he might accept that he simply missed seeing the squirrel jump off it. He clearly saw it, but he didn't react to it and that's what I really wanted.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

CrustyRusty

You have a true talent...outstanding and enjoy... :funnyturkey:

BRUKSHOT

Well, here she is!  My new Stoeger M3500 in Max 5 camo, 28" chrome lined barrel, .656 ported Hevi Choke, topped off with a Truglo 4 power scope with the diamond reticle.  I just got it together but haven't patterned it yet.  I plan on sending HEVI-SHOT #7's and HEVI-SHOT Magnum (#5-6-7) Blends through her as soon as we get a 40 degree day with no wind.  I'm thinkin she ain't gonna disappoint me...LOL!!!  :z-guntootsmiley:

laker

My 870 SM. Hevi-Shot .662 Choke, TruGlo Pro Series Gobble Dot sights, and claw sling. Plan on taking this one into the turkey woods come Spring time.

Just got a good deal on this Nova used from a friend. Its a great feeling gun, gonna see how it patterns and may turn it into a turkey gun as well  :toothy12: