OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Illinois Youth Season 2011

Started by GSLAM95, March 26, 2011, 10:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSLAM95

On the way home fron the NWTF National convention this year local Turkey Bluffs chapter fellow committee member Kenny asked me if I would be interested in trying to help call in a bird for his daughter this coming youth season.

Here is the result of a cold crisp morning sit today on IL public ground!  12 yr old Alex with her 1st Turkey. 
Her dad & I were both very proud of her and I felt honored to be a part of this hunt.  Kenny was fortunate enough to capture the entire hunt on video as well.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

scoot12

Awesome,  Congrats on the bird,  looks really nice,  this waiting for the season is driving me nuts.  Scoot

turkey slayer

Looks like one happy little girl!!

WillowRidgeCalls

Now that's what it's all about!! Congrats  :icon_thumright:
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

slawman

Thats great, congrats......we got 3-4 inches of snow here in Illinois where I live ....on Saturday

TalksToTurkeys

Way to go GSLAM95. Congrats to Alex on her first bird.  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:

GSLAM95

Quote from: slawman on March 27, 2011, 07:21:46 AM
Thats great, congrats......we got 3-4 inches of snow here in Illinois where I live ....on Saturday

We are 45 minutes North of Carbondale, it snowed flakes the size of a silver dollar here but did not start until after 10:30 in the morning. 
I wish I would have had a youngster that wanted to go this morning, it would have been neat as heck to try and work a bird into range across the white dusting of powder that was on the ground this morning.
It was all gone by 10:00 this morning and it is warming up nicely now.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

Horner

Quote from: TalksToTurkeys on March 27, 2011, 10:36:54 AM
Way to go GSLAM95. Congrats to Alex on her first bird.  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:
:you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:
Awesome congrats to her!!!!!!

spurman

GOBBLE-GOBBLE  Way to go John.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

chatterbox

That is AWSOME!!!
Congrats to all of you for helping her get that fine gobbler! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: