OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

1st time in the woods

Started by Coachwate, March 25, 2015, 06:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coachwate

This will be my first time in the woods. I'm hunting in SC and any suggestions would be appreciated.

porcupine

All i can say is soak it all in and enjoy it...its a great place to be :turkey2:

Marc

• Take a GPS...
  • Be quiet and patient.
  • Take time to enjoy all that is going on around you...  I do a lot of hunting, and I see more interesting aspects of nature while turkey hunting than anything else.
  • Learn to call, and more importantly learn not to call...  Get em' interested, and then stop calling...  The urge to call and make them gobble again, can be overwhelming, but you will have more success with some, but minimal calling.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

zelmo1

tomstopper

Quote from: Marc on March 25, 2015, 11:57:01 PM

• Take a GPS...
  • Be quiet and patient.
  • Take time to enjoy all that is going on around you...  I do a lot of hunting, and I see more interesting aspects of nature while turkey hunting than anything else.
  • Learn to call, and more importantly learn not to call...  Get em' interested, and then stop calling...  The urge to call and make them gobble again, can be overwhelming, but you will have more success with some, but minimal calling.
^^^This and also just learn to be patience and have fun.

3 rules of turkey hunting
1) don't move
2) don't move
3) don't even think about moving

Snake boots might not be a bad idea in the south either..... Good luck this season

Honolua

:agreed:
Quote from: Marc on March 25, 2015, 11:57:01 PM

• Take a GPS...
  • Be quiet and patient.

This

Red Huck

What part of SC. Foothills, piedmont , sand hills, low country.

Coachwate

I'm in Oconee County. Been a tough season. Got some close but just out of range. And now can't get a good set up because the turkey are deep in the mountains from all the pressure.

gobblerman87

Enjoy yourself and learn to call or like said above learn not to let the curiosity get the best of them will bring them in most times