News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New from West Central Illinois

Started by aaron.haverfield@gmail.co, March 25, 2015, 11:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaron.haverfield@gmail.co

Hey guys,

Names Aaron. This will be my 3rd season chasing the legendary Thunder Chicken. Growing up me and my brother were raised hunting rabbits and squirrel. It wasn't 3 years ago, when a friend of mine talked be into applying for a spring tag, that I ever though about chasing them. The first two days of the season I tried to call for myself as a beginner. Needless to say, the only thing I walked out of the woods with were soaked clothes from a couple April showers and crushed hopes. I thought seriously about throwing in the towel and going back to the rabbits and squirrels, but then my buddy was nice enough to kick my butt off the couch the third day and call for me. Soon as dawn broke on the third day and my buddy hit the call a few times, the woods came to life. I had never heard something so sweet. By 6:45 am my buddy had 3 birds foaming at the mouth to get a piece of him; they came running in like a kids to candy. The second they hit 30 yards I squeezed of the trigger on my buddy 835 and I was hooked ever since.

The down side is I think I got in the game to late. The bird population around my area and on my only hunting spot has been dropping off the past 2 years. Over the past year I haven't seen a single bird on my hunting ground. Also, the number of birds I have been seeing on my hour and a half drive to school every day has went from at least 1 bird a day to 1 bird every 2 to 3 weeks. I hoping things will pick up over the next month, but if not oh well there is still fun in the chase.

Also, as it stands right now my brother and I are planning a trip to the Black Hills in South Dakota in the middle of April.

Well thank for the add,

Aaron

mgm1955

Welcome to the addiction!! Good luck in SD!

zelmo1

tomstopper

hookedspur

:wave: :welcomeOG: :anim_25: in SD I have hunted there and its Great turkey country.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

boomer