turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Patterned my SX3 20 gauge at 40 yards today

Started by MBC, March 20, 2015, 10:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBC

The lower left seems to be the best at 100 pellets and 26 on the head/neck area. Remington Nitro Mag 3" #5. The Turkey Thugs in the upper left is pretty good too. The upper right is the $4 per round Federal Premium low recoil 7's. The lower right is Winchester XX 3" #5's. Won't buy the expensive ones again, didn't help. Pretty good for a 20 though, eh?

MBC

SKFOOTER

Get you a Sumtoy .562-5 or a Trulock .570 Heavyweight choke tube and shoot the 3" Federal 1.5 ounce Heavyweight 7's.  You'll get 150+ all day long in the 10" @ 40 yards.  I have the same SX3 that you do and I'm shooting these combinations.

MBC

Wow that is a big improvement! Maybe too tight for 15 yds and under?

mathews bowhunter

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 20, 2015, 11:12:34 PM
Get you a Sumtoy .562-5 or a Trulock .570 Heavyweight choke tube and shoot the 3" Federal 1.5 ounce Heavyweight 7's.  You'll get 150+ all day long in the 10" @ 40 yards.  I have the same SX3 that you do and I'm shooting these combinations.

I thought that I would see those numbers outta my rem 870 with the sumtoy and Fed hw 7. Shot 3 boxes and never broke 126. Number 6 shot the same as the 7s. Think I got a best of 124 with them. So I went to tss.

SumToy

Quote from: mathews bowhunter on March 21, 2015, 08:11:34 PM
Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 20, 2015, 11:12:34 PM

I thought that I would see those numbers outta my rem 870 with the sumtoy and Fed hw 7. Shot 3 boxes and never broke 126. Number 6 shot the same as the 7s. Think I got a best of 124 with them. So I went to tss.

You know this is one of the sad things with the Federal shells.  I know it was the V or U lot numbers was bad.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

SKFOOTER

We need to figure out which Lot was bad, William. :OGturkeyhead:

MBC

Here she is! With the Extra Full choke at 40 yds, various loads