OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Recommend a good diamondwood striker?

Started by jakesdad, February 25, 2015, 02:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauld

I've got one from Mr. Harold and one from Mr. Wendell. Both run. One piece of advice on that material. If you know how to really put pressure on a friction call, properly, and get the sound out of it, dymondwood has a tendency to slip some. It sounds good put will slip. Just 2 pennies worth of advice.

Turkeyman62

A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

Spitten and drummen

derrick stuckey. stumbled on his strikers last year. started with 2 now own 14. all one piece. I like Harold fowlers strikers. I like a heavier striker and derricks fit the bill. I still own some of mr fowlers strikers , and they run nice but derricks just fit me better.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

zelmo1

Harold Fowler  or Joe Slaton, 2 very fine call/ striker  makers and great to do business with. Al Baker

KansasGobbler

Stump.270

My fowler is my favorite lights out is good and holloran one piece is awesome the way he turns the head anyone can run it but my woodhaven strike 3 is the striker I can use on any call any surface this is my 2 cents also Sadler won all his stuff with the woodhaven too if I remember correct if you want to get one that's cheap to see how if you like them the one that david sends with his call is a good one

Gobblerjim

Jbird22

1 piece - Lights Out
2 piece - Oak Ridge (Schaffer)

Tom Threetoes

I have an original Pete Peters striker that I wouldn't part with for any amount. I also have two of Dad's copies that sound very good as well. They seem to work equally well on glass or slate.