OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mun Ebony Push Pin

Started by Old Gobbler, February 15, 2015, 01:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

I'm gearing up for 2015 push pin production , if you can call it that - I'm so busy I hardly have time for anything these days - I think I'll be able to make 10 calls this year , these take a whole day to make 1 call so I have to charge accordingly , the musical grade hardwoods are not getting any cheaper -- for those of you who are interested shoot me a pm with your contact information,  my lid calls go for $150 plus shipping -- I make calls on a first come first served basis - My hunting season starts in 3 weeks and I drop everything to partake in that activity , after I limit out I resume call production so I'm sorry for the wait

I also make macassar ebony , Black and White ebony , and Gabon (black ) Ebony - when things slow down I'll resume with Cocobolo

Below pictured is 2 Mun Ebony calls for 2 very patient turkey hunters ( sorry for the delay ) I have just enough Mun Ebony to make a handful more and that might be all that's available for s long time or forever because it's getting very hard to locate quality Ebonies is large enough sizes , I have a inventory of macassar ,b&w , and Gabon to last me a few years , but availability will dictate what I will be collecting for these in the future

I'll provide a video of these soon - I have several more sound clips of my calls in the sound file area and my calls do all talking for me , I have been hunting with push pin calls for 31 years , what you see is a culmination of that experience and knowledge plus several exclusive inovations like my 2 ply hand layed soundboard ,Titanium striker surface ,and my  striker design --enterpreted into a few calls I make for myself for hunting plus a few more for friends and public sale -- what you see is what I hunt with , so to speak I eat my own cooking in call making lingo

Mun Ebony comes from the jungles of South east Asia , where fallen trees that have layed on the Forrest floor for very long periods of time are pulled out - ebony makes excellent push pin bases because it is very dense and doesn't soak up sound vibrations , guess those violin and guitar makers know a thing or two about sound and tone ,lol anyways just cause it sounds good doesn't mean it can't look good ...

Thank you for looking -- Shannon Kelly

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

hunter22

Pair of beauties Shannon. I have three of your push-pins and I can say I could not be more pleased. One of them will go with me to Mississippi next month. Probably my Mun Ebony.

SS Calls

Good lookin' callers Shannon.  :icon_thumright:

markjm15

These are calls I greatly admire.. I know if those were in my possession they would be in a glass case with a light shining bright in my living room! Beautiful calls!!
Mueller Custom Calls

-Mark Mueller

mgm1955

Awesome calls Shannon!! Couldn't be happier with mine.