turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hello mates

Started by longspur, April 22, 2014, 03:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longspur

Hadn't been on here much. Hope you didn't think I had deserted. Been working really hard to find a bird. Its been tough around here. No gobbling. Must be local because others are having a great year. Two WMAs I hunt have numbers way way down so far. Took off work from 4/12 until today 4/22. First gobble I heard was Sun morning and I messed that up. I seem to do that alot. Well I was able to get back on him yesterday and he had made his way about half way to me when a yote came slipping by. As bad as I wanted to get a bird for the team (and me) I couldn't let her walk so I blasted her. I figured it was over but I just sit tight. After about an hour I called once. Then about another 1 1/2 hrs He gobbled not far from where he was to start with. A hen came in and walked up on the yote that was about 15 yds from me. She clucked a few times backed up and went around it, which was good because it put her farther from me. The big bird came in just out of range strutting and gobbling with a smaller bird in front. I had been sitting  well over 3 hrs and in shooting position since I first saw the hen. I was hurting bad and afraid to move so I shot the two year old. He dropped about 15 yds from the yote. I'll get him posted up asap. The total won't be on the paper because my server was down all day and I didn't remember how to total it. Congrats on all the birds you guys and gals have taken. Good luck to all and be safe.

spurman

Congratulations Larry you had a exciting hunt.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

SheGotHoOks

Congrats to ya.. Enjoyed hearing about your hunt... :) and them coyotes need to go...   You can't think twice about dropping em... happy to hear you still got your bird after that, way to hang in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sadkins

kevin2

great action. Congrats...
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!