Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Freaking trespassers!#&$%

Started by longfield, March 30, 2014, 10:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longfield

I shot a bird this afternoon on my place but I wasn't the only one. I was doing a little work outside when I heard  three shots that sounded to close for comfort. So I ran up there and sure enough I see this dude tossing the turkey and celebrating. Long story short, I was irate and chewed them out. They claimed they had permission from the previous landowner but he hasn't owned it in 3 years. The bird he shot was one I wanted to save for my Dad because he is not getting to hunt much this year due to work. The bird had a 10 inch beard and at least inch spurs. Needless to say I am pissed!!

memert116

And for good reason.  Did you call the local law enforcement?

longfield

No I did not. I should have. But didn't. However I made them very aware that if there is a next time they will be prosecuted and the TWRA officials will be there.

memert116

They should count their blessing!  Hopefully the message sticks.

SheGotHoOks

hey I'm sorry to hear that the bird you wanted your dad to gt is down that sucks... we deal with trespassers around our house too! It's cool that you let em off with a warning this time just in the small case they was telling the truth and thought they had permission! Hope it don't happen again, but now that they kno there's some birds there you better keep a good eye out on the place!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sadkins

Hate that have to deal with myself
I wouldn't have let them off without call game warden.

Elite Energy 35
Matthews Z7 Extreme
PSE X Force 7