Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

I have had it!!!!!!!!!

Started by chatterbox, March 20, 2014, 05:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

This is arguably one of the worst winters I have experienced!
We just got another 5.5"s of this white crap! Supposed to get nice weather through Sunday, then a dip back to winter weather temps :character0029:.
Winter needs to GO!!!!!! >:(

spurman

Hey Mike, spring is on its way but it was 27 and frosty here this morning.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

SheGotHoOks

I'm hoping we're done with the surprise winter attacks here.. not that I hate snow.. but I do not like the flip flop weather! it's been both very cold and pretty nice this week! I'm with you on this tho.. winter needs to get on out of here bc I'm ready for spring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sadkins

longspur

upper 60s here and calling for nice weather for a couple of days then cold again Sunday.

kevin2

Hey, at this point, I'm praying for 3 more inches of snow to beat the record here in the Detroit Mi area. Set in the 1860s. It will at least make this awful winter worth it!
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

hotrod3h

Agreed. I've been complaining about the weather for awhile. Normally I don't mind but this year's been particularly bad. Plus I'm hunting early in Illinois & Kentucky not good if spring doesn't kick in soon.

Bigspurs68

One good thing, when winter finally turns loose of us, the birds should be as ready for it as we are. Could make for a happy spring...for us. Not so much for the turkeys.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

chatterbox

Talking about a major snowstorm next Tuesday into Wed.
I just wanna puke..........

Charley B

Keep up guys, it's gonna melt!  Don't wanna strut, but i'm having a whole heap of fun with BigGobbler in Florida!  First time here and it's really, and I mean REALLY COOL!!!!!!!!!  We had some action this morning, both of us had multiple gobblers around, but could not close the deal.  Thoses gobblers called in other hunters as well, season is young and we will be back tomorrow!

SheGotHoOks

golly gee... sounds like an awesome time you're having charley... Good luck 2moro!!!

chatterbox

Well maybe, just maybe winter is easing her grip.
The big storm we were supposed to get went way out to sea, so we didn't get the blizzard we were gonna get. Long term forecast is for rising temps.
Lord, I hope so!

Charley B

Quote from: Bones on March 21, 2014, 05:59:45 PM
golly gee... sounds like an awesome time you're having charley... Good luck 2moro!!!

I struck out first round in Florida, my hunting partner and I just arrived in Ga to give it a try.  Unfortunatly our plan A did not worked out here.  So we are cruising around to figure out a plan B...  Any suggestions for Ga?
Charley

SheGotHoOks

Quote from: Charley B on March 29, 2014, 08:03:54 PM
Quote from: Bones on March 21, 2014, 05:59:45 PM

I struck out first round in Florida, my hunting partner and I just arrived in Ga to give it a try.  Unfortunatly our plan A did not worked out here.  So we are cruising around to figure out a plan B...  Any suggestions for Ga?
Charley

if it was justin and I we'd find a wma and get as far away from other hunters as possible.. in the meantime start knocking on doors.. Just might luck up and find someone nice enough to let y'all hunt! good luck to ya! On our way back to the tent (our home away from home) gotta get rested up for the morning... gotta good feeling about it!

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.