turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

trail cam

Started by sadkins, March 05, 2014, 03:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sadkins

anyone else use them to keep a eye on birds. I'm going check mine this week hopefully have some pictures to post up .

kevin2

I was thinking about it, but some cameras disappeared on this property last deer season. The 1000 acres I hunt has homes all around it, so while it is private, there are still lots of humans around it. Hard to set my nice cameras out knowing that a thief is about. Still, hard to not put them out!
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

sadkins

that's sucks hate a thief. I have 46 acres my neighbors good people only  3 of them.

kevin2

This is a vast piece of property, and it could someone that lives close by OR a complete stranger. Hard to know. Either way, hard tossing my cameras out there now knowing they'll be a target.

Its OK, I'll do some scouting just before the opener to see if they are in the same zone as there were when I was last out there last month OR if they are in the same trees as last season. I know they are out there, loads of them! Just where exactly & what trees are being used by the old gobblers is yet to be seen.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

Frank G

Quote from: sadkins on March 05, 2014, 03:12:01 PM
anyone else use them to keep a eye on birds. I'm going check mine this week hopefully have some pictures to post up .

Do all the time, mostly to check new areas I have scouted and found promising. I have 3 go to areas, so I stay out until season opens. If I set any out in those areas usually on the outskirts, just to see what times they are moving through. :icon_thumright: The images I have posted are from my trail cams in "new areas". Try to pattern any "yoties" in the area.

Frank G  In Tennessee

kenfa03

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank G

Frank G  In Tennessee

kenfa03

Nothing like scouting in real time from 360 miles away.

Frank G

Who's unit are you using, your the first person I have spoken with that has/uses one. Your comments both pros and cons  :icon_thumright: Looking to purchase one myself.

Frank G  In Tennessee

kenfa03

Coverts. Heres one from different spot.

kenfa03

Check them out on chasingame.com. Just search for covert mms cams.

Frank G

Thanks will check them out  :icon_thumright:

I still have to do it the "old fasion way" for the next few days.  :icon_thumright:
One of my go to spots is still "good to go" again this year.  :camohat:

Frank G  In Tennessee

longspur

I lost one year before last just before turkey season. I would still be just as pissed if they only cost a quarter. hate em. hate em. hate em. Anyway I don't put them out anymore.

spurman

Cameras, deer stands nothing is safe around here if you leave it out for very long.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

sadkins

form today need to change date and time on camera batteries went dead I forgot to reset