turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winter

Started by hotrod3h, February 26, 2014, 09:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod3h

Go away! It's been long and tough winter. Trying to get out and do some patterning with the shotgun and new Winchester shells but trying to find a good day (50 degrees) certainly not easy. Alabama coming up first part in April not much time. Who agrees winter mercy we give!

kevin2

I hear you. I'm not even in the mood to go out and predator hunt. Just a few more days left for that here in Michigan. Just sick of the cold and LOADS of snow we got here. Record amount of inches in my part of Michigan.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

spurman

Cold here also down into the teen's at night and only getting to the 20's or low 30's in the day. I had daffodils in full bloom this time last year they are only starting to come thru the ground around here.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

hotrod3h

Well old man winter has at least one more plan for my area. This weekend calling for 8-12" of snow through Monday then down to -4 on Monday. But if the extended forecast is correct then warmer weather is on the horizon.

West Augusta

I'm glad that we had a few good days with little snow cover so the turkeys and deer could get something to eat before this storm hits Sunday night.  It may help them make it through.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Charley B

I also suffer from cabin fever, I went snowboarding last week, kind of a cure....
But the good part is that I'm leaving to Florida and Georgia around mid-March chasing thunder chickens!!!!  That's gonna be the best cabin fever cure!!!!

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

chatterbox

Rugged here as well. About the only good thing, is that the storm that was gonna hammer us on Monday is skirting south.
Next week is hopefully the end of the cold snap, and we will get to better more seasonable temps.

kevin2

we got 6 more inches last night! Really nasty driving home on the highway last night. No salt OR plows out. Fun driving in it to be honest!
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

West Augusta

I just shoveled out 4 to 5 inches of snow with about that much more coming tonight. Not fun.

spurman

At 8:00 this morning. There was ice and sleet and now snow. Snow is supposed to stop by noon but they are predicting record low tonight (7) for this time of year.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

hotrod3h

Big surprise but the weather people were wrong. Only got like 4" and today was real sunny and melted most of it. Tonight is supposed to be the last really cold day. Extended forecast calls for it to start warming up soon. Hopefully this is the last of the rough stuff and weather can turn better and get these birds on track!

West Augusta

I want the birds on ice for a few more weeks.  Opening isn't till April 28th.