turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gotta love new guns

Started by Onpoint, February 15, 2014, 02:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

My ol' 870 is going into semi retirement.  I bought a baikal mp18 single shot 12 today. I'm going to mount my ff3 and 336 base on it it. Send the barrel to William at sumtoy to be threaded for a 660 sumtoy choke. I still haven't decided if I'm going to leave the barrel at 28 or cut it down to 25, I'm leaning towards leaving this one at 28.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to send him the whole gun or just the barrel. I think I'm just going to send the barrel to avoid shipping complications and have my buddy work on the trigger. It's a satin finished wood stock, i was going to paint it but I think I've decided to leave it just like it is. It tips the scales at just a little over 5 pounds so I would say this is going to be a gun that kills on both ends. I look forward to packing her up and down the rugged terrain I always find myself in.

As for the 870, i will put a set of rifle sights on her and bring er out when rant days keep a red dots lens fogged up. She will still get plenty of action cuz the weather don't hold us back.  I like this little gun so well that I'm considering buying a 20 gauge with 24 or 26" barrel and decking it out with a wild looking Camo job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

spurman

Big boy toys are always fun to play with.  :icon_thumright:
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

kevin2

Sounds like a fun gun.

I am considering a 20g as well, as this new 12g kicks like a mule. Makes sense as to why I traded in my old 12g for a 28 gauge last time around! Guess I didn't learn my lesson!

I got a new Fast Fire III on my new 12g.

Looking forward to seeing a turkey at the other end, with any luck...
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

longspur

nice.you will enjoy the new toy. thinking about getting me a 12ga.barrel for the cva.

chatterbox

Sounds like a great project, Justin!
In your hands I am sure that will be one deadly little gun! :icon_thumright:

hotrod3h

Congrats on your purchase. I hope that you enjoy it and kill some big uns with it.