Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Show us your slayers!

Started by chatterbox, February 08, 2014, 06:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Alright boys and girls, it's time to drag out picks of your favorite turkey slayers!
This is mine. A Mossberg 835 with a Burris FFIII, Limbsaver pad, Truglo SSX .670 choke, and a claw sling. I feed her a diet of either 3-2-7 Hevi-13, or if I am in deep woods, 3.5-2-6 Pre-flite control Federals. I just had the choke and rain cover dipped to match my gun.
Let's see yours!

spurman

Great looking killer Mike. Here are mine Rem Super Mag 12 ga. with a Carlson .660 turkey choke and it likes the Win. extended range. # 5 or 6's. Next is a old H&K super 90 12 ga. with a rhino .673 and it likes the Federal turkey thugs. It also shows the results of a bad camo dipping job. Next is a Rem 1100 20 ga. and still working with this one.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Charley B

I only have a 870 super mag 26'' along a Pattern master code black choke tube.  Throwing a great pattern of the 2012 Hevi shot 3'' 2 oz no 6.  This low end shotgun killed a lot of birds so far, and if I need a boat paddle, i can use it for that purpose without breaking my hart because it's unexpensive lol.

West Augusta

Remington 870 Express Super Mag.  Laminated Remington stock.  BSA red dot. Limbsaver pad and Hevi 13 Mag Blend 3 1/2".
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

SheGotHoOks

Hey guys.. I have no way of getting a pic of either of my guns on here right now, but I love my Remington 870 (my true slayer).. which has been with me on every hunt so far.. however I do plan to let my new Mossberg (my new slayer) get a piece of the action this year.. I'm really excited about it! (btw a big thanks goes out to onpoint for my Christmas gift). ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sadkins

No pic I have a Winchester Super X 2 turkey model all black

Elite Energy 35
Matthews Z7 Extreme
PSE X Force 7

Onpoint

I give my old 870 a makeover the other day. I'm seriously considering semi retiring her though. If I do I'm gonna buy a 12 gauge new England single shot, send it to William and have him do some chamber work,  thread it for a choke and put the FF on it. I have a few sets of good fiber optic rifle sights, if I go that route I'll set them up on the 870 and use it for rainy days.

Onpoint

Don't have any pics since I put her back together.

longspur

nothing fancy, just a used and abused 835 with indian creek choke. I've used it as a cane to help me keep balance when using sneak tactic in the dark. rain, sleet or snow.

kevin2

Well, no fancy photos of the new bow yet, just the bow case & my new Mathews Monster Chill. Smoooooth bow! Not sure if it will be as accurate out to long range as my old PSE Bow Madness, but I Robin Hooded my 3rd arrow with it at the range during set up. So that was a good sign!

I wish I'd have gotten a 20g OR a semi auto, as this gun kicks to much to really enjoy shooting at the range. It should get the job done at distance though this spring IF the Gobblers won't come into our blind set up early on.

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!