Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

"THE BEST" vs DSD jake decoys.....which one?

Started by jakesdad, January 01, 2013, 10:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

Looking at both the BEST and the DSD jake decoys.Any pros/cons with one against the other?Thanks.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

GOBBLER CRAZY

hands down dsd decoys dave simth makes the best i seen the best in person and i have the dsd and the jake looks so much better the best cant hold a candle to dsd jake and dsd comes with bag and a casrrying bag and they hold up so good  :anim_25:

alloutdoors

The pros and cons have nothing to do with effectiveness between these two. However, the Dakota decoy is a straight up rip off of the DSD design which they then had the nerve to ship off for manufacture in China so they could undercut the price on the American made DSD's. They should call it the "Stolen Turkey Decoy", and just like any other STD I wouldn't want anything to do with it.

30_06

I like the DSD. American made, quality build with quality materials that will last a long time.

wingdragger

thats all i own i know dave and his product is awesome i had obblers mounting the hen decoy last year while the other birds pushed him around like a merry go round. they are straight up sick. i have been hunting turkeys for 28 years now and these are by far hands downthe best. i am planning on getting a strutter this year. the only con is be careful they are so real lokking that people might shoot them.
1998 Peach State classic Hunter Division Champion
2001,2002,2003 NY State Owl Hooting champion
2002 Valley Spring Champion
2008 Cabala's Spring Classic open champion
2007,2008 Oregon State Open Champion
2008 Oregon state friction Champion
2013 Idaho State Open Friction Champion
2013 Idaho State Senior division Champion
2013 Idaho State Exhibition People's Choice Champion

TauntoHawk

Too a turkey there really isn't enough of a difference between the two. To hunters I think the plain fact that the "best decoy" guys completely ripped Dave off and even admit it on their site just doesn't sit well.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dirt road ninja

Quote from: TauntoHawk on January 26, 2013, 11:34:52 AM
Too a turkey there really isn't enough of a difference between the two.

:agreed: I don't see much of a difference.