OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NWTF Browning BPS invector plus 12gauge w/ 24 in barrel

Started by longbeards21, February 24, 2011, 07:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeards21

I am shooting a NWTF Browning BPS invector plus 12 gauge with a 24in barrel using a Kicks GT choke, shooting winchester X R #6's.

Can someone shooting this same gun tell me there choke and shell combo and what your patterns look like.

Thanks

Hooks' n' Beards'

Its in My signature-Best Turkey gun availiable right now.IMO Opinion and i have owned a Remington,Mossberg Stoeger,the only other company that is close is Winchester 1300's.Both Bad azz Turkey Slayin Machines.I Cant stand Remington 870 Express Guns or any Mossberg,Period.

rcpigg65

I shoot the same gun and started out with the ext range 6 also, but never got good patterns with any of the chokes i tried . i tried kicks 670 and 680 ,carlsons 665 and an old briley 675 . also never was happy with the old white hull hevi 6. wound up going back to lead and found that my gun really patterned well with either federal or win 2 oz lead 5 0r 6 .then last year tried the bronze hull hevi 6 and 7 and they really shot well enough out of the 670 or 675 choke to switch back to htl. a good deep cleaning and choke in the 670 range with the hevi or lead loads above will do the job for you . hope this saves you some time and money as i really wanted to use the ext range myself when i bought my bps but they just wouldnt pattern for me although i killed the first bird with the new gun with that shell  and the factory choke which is about 695 as i recall but later that day i got a chance to put it on paper and still wonder how i killed that bird .

Hooks' n' Beards'

I Killed a Tom the Day i bought this Gun,My remington Turkey gun jammed on me twice last Season,So i went on a friday morning bought the Browning,Went to our Camp,Sighted the gun in at 20-30-40 Yards then went and killed my Biggest tom yet,All i used was remington #6 3.5's with the Extra full turkey choke the gun came with.I Have since bought 3 Other chokes and Started shooting Winchesters.I Love my Bps.Best Pump Shotgun in the World.

mudhen

The link was to a post I made last year  :)

So far, the 24" bbl NWTF gun is liking the IC .665, and per Clark's advice, I am trying the Hevi-Shot choke in .664 as well.

After one patterning session, they are both shooting about the same, which is between 150-200 at 40 yards so far, but I'm not quite dialed in yet with the FFII, and it was windy that day.  I should know more after this weekend.  I can find 250-280 circles at 40, I just need to center those in.

35 yards is a joke, both around 300-330+, so the issue will be fine tuning out to 40 and a bit beyond...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka