News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

BPS NWTF ???

Started by mudhen, February 21, 2011, 04:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudhen

Hey All,

I want to shoot a BPS with optics.  My current BPS is not drilled & tapped.  I don't like saddle mounts.

I can get the BPS NWTF for a good price, but I'm not a big fan of 24" bbls for patterns.  My current 2008 BPS in 26" patterns fine, but I can sell it and almost pay for the 2011 BPS NWTF version that is drilled & tapped.

I don't want to take my current BPS to the smith in February, with our season just a few weeks away.

Two questions, anyone have good luck with the 24" BPS (I plan to use my IC .665)?

And what base does this gun take for optics?

Thanks!

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Huntdux

What kind of BPS do you have now?

mudhen

Quote from: Huntdux on February 21, 2011, 06:43:12 PM
What kind of BPS do you have now?

26" BPS 3.5" 12 gauge MO Shadowgrass.  I'd like to put a FF II on it, but drilling and tapping here in Cali is a real hassle...

Thanks!

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

J-Shaped

Don't worry about the 24" not patterning well - that is certainly not an issue. Here's what mine consistently does with the 3.5" Nitro 4x5x7 at a lasered 40yds and a Rhino .670.

Don't know about your local 'smith, but having it drilled and tapped should be a quick and inexpensive job. I have mine drilled for a Weaver style base with Leupold Steel Weaver-style rings. It's a little on the heavy side, but rugged and has taken a lot of abuse.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hognutz

Mudhen, I just bought the BPS NWTF in 10 ga. I bought the scope mount at Optics Planet, for $25.00 + shipping. The same mount at Browning is $35.00. They use the same mount for the BPS as they use for the Gold. It has three holes in it, but the BPS only uses two of them. It is black aluminum..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

J-Shaped

FWIW, and probably not an issue, but the fact that the BPS only uses two screws is the reason I still had it tapped for an additional screw and went with another base. This will be my 8th season with that particular setup and it's held up well.