OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shotgun Speed Loaders?

Started by joey46, March 10, 2012, 07:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

What's everyone's suggestion?  I have been using the old 35mm film containers but by the time I dump one with powder, pull out a wad, seat it, dump another container with shot, over shot wad, seat again it feels like I took 20 minutes and the primer isn't on yet.  I know this is a game where the first shot means everything but at some point a second could be required.  Add low light conditions to the senario and I would look like a cartoon :fud:.  Help.

wmahunter

mnbirdbuster

Done some experimenting with this, and have come up with a decent system i think! I took a 35mm canister, put shot in and then used a cardboard divider that i cut from a box thats the diameter of the canister! After that all my wads/cards fit in there nicely! I then carry powder and fullplastic jackets in a speedloader like i would if deer hunting!

joey46

Thanks for the replies.  Both will work.  The only thing I didn't like about the cheaperthandirt item is that it wasn't cheaperthandirt.  I'll probably buy a couple anyway.  I'm a big spender ;D.

hoyt

I use these..has a divider in the middle for powder on one end shot on the other.