OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking for a new 20 ga auto

Started by jotahech371, January 13, 2012, 06:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jotahech371

Wife said she would go if I got her a gun.  Tried the 870 with Bushnell red dot last year and she was okay, except she doesn't care for the pump.  I told her she wouldn't need another shot, but hey, I can always use another gun.  Looking at the Benelli M2 and the Winchester NWTF gun.  Want to be able to use a red dot due to the fact she is used to it and likes it.   Anybody have any idea what is new or have any good suggestions. Wanting to get something for this season.  Thanks, Johnny.

hookedspur

If you can go with the BENELLI you will not regret it I have a M2 with a IC 555 tube and love it.  :z-guntootsmiley:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

J Gilbert

I would go with the Benelli, and I'll tell you why.  I've got an SX3 12ga (3.5"), and have never had a problem in over 4 years with this gun.  That being the case, I was intrigued about the SX3 20ga when it was released, up until I realized that it weighs over a pound more than the M2.  The light weight is one thing that sold me on the 20, I certainly don't want to add another pound to it.  Another option to check out would be the Weatherby SA-08, I haven't seen one in person but the reviews are positive and it looks like a nice gun

Eric Gregg

Don't count out the Remington 1187. That is a shooting machine.
I have an 870, and I personally am looking to add the 1187 to my stable.
Dependable and light weight, and will cost less than a Benelli.

st8tman

I also give the 1187 Compact high marks, as "Santa" just brought one to our house for my son. The MOBU Camo is very well done throughout, and the "adjustable" stock is quite nice as he continues to grow. Obviously have not had a chance to pattern yet, but he sure has been wearing the squirrels and rabbits out! One other notable you may consider is although the action is totally different.....the receiver fit/feel, as well as safety mechanism mirrors her previous 870.
PS: I had a hard time finding this gun, as it used to be referred to as the "Youth" model, and Big Green decided to "re-name" it the compact I beleive in 2009. Buds Gunshop in Kentucky was where I eventually located it for a fair price. Good look in whatever gun you decide upon!

stick bow

I bought a Benelli M2 for my daughter. I'm using a Indain Creek tube. I take this gun more then my 870 supermag when she's not hunting with me. It's light, patterns great to 45yds, less recoil, I was really amazed how light the recoil was after shooting a 12.

gaswamp

wife wants a gun therefore thats a great excuse to not go cheap

jotahech371

Looking like the benelli is what I'm leaning towards.  I just want to wait until the new guns break at the shot show.  I would love a 1187 with a sureshot and 21 in barrel.

DKA

I use an 1187 with IC 555 Choke, Does a
Great Job.

Dukhntr

I have a Benelli M1 super 90 .20 that I bought last year, used. It's a great gun for sure. I bought it mainly for dove and duck hunting ponds. It has exceeded my expectations to say the least. It is crazy light. That said, I think it kicks harder then my Benelli SBE and my Extrema 2. After 75 rounds of trap, I am sore as heck with this gun....

MOStrutter

I would suggest the Remington 1187 compact. I got one for my girlfriend this fall and she loves it. We adjusted the stock to fit her perfectly and she has used it for dove and duck and goose hunting. I have never been a big fan of Remingtons but this gun is perfect for her. Very simple and doesn't break the bank. I use Benellis regularly and they aren't made for the novice hunter. Also accesseries are easier to find.

grousec

1187 and use the money saved to buy the other toys.

GSLAM95

Quote from: hookedspur on January 13, 2012, 07:05:38 PM
If you can go with the BENELLI you will not regret it I have a M2 with a IC 555 tube and love it.  :z-guntootsmiley:

DITTO!

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

wbpc

I saw were Franchi just released the Affinity.  They have it in 20 gauge with 26 inch barrel, inertia driven and is only 5.6 pounds.  Have not personally touched one, but they look very nice and would like to see how it feels and shoots.

rem 300