Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Comfortable cushion for sitting on the ground?

Started by noweil, May 14, 2023, 02:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

She added an extra swivel snap to the flap of my satchel and I snapped it to the flap of the satchel ... On my first old satchel i made myself a lope to go around my strap and i attached it to that small lop i made on the carry strap of the satchel.

Notsoyoungturk

Nothing beats the comfort of a turkey chair.  Unfortunately, it is a pain to lug around when you are on the move.  It can also be noisy at time.

X however many we are now on Glenda Green's seat.  I use a carabiner and clip it to my satchel or a belt loop.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Tclipse01

I use an inflatable glassing seat. Super light, comfortable and can be deflated/folded up for longer hikes. I put it in my bino harness accessory pocket when not in use, so it has zero effect on mobility when you need to move quickly. Highly recommend it.

Terry

Quote from: Tclipse01 on February 28, 2024, 10:11:53 AM
I use an inflatable glassing seat. Super light, comfortable and can be deflated/folded up for longer hikes. I put it in my bino harness accessory pocket when not in use, so it has zero effect on mobility when you need to move quickly. Highly recommend it.
Who makes it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tclipse01

Quote from: Terry on February 28, 2024, 10:26:44 AM
Quote from: Tclipse01 on February 28, 2024, 10:11:53 AM
Who makes it?

I've been using the V Seat from Klymit, because of how small it can be folded up, and it's only $15. I don't run a turkey vest, just a bino harness/chest rig with my calls and gear inside instead of binoculars.. so the portability is big for me.

In the past, I've also tried one from Therm-a-rest that was comfier, and a cut piece of closed-cell foam sleeping pad, which was not. Both just didn't fold up as nicely, the Therm-a-rest deflated was about the size of a Nalgene. The Klymit one can be folded down to a bit bigger than a bar of soap.

If looking for all-day comfort in one spot, there are better ways to go... but for run-and-gun hunters or guys who are only sitting 1-2 hours in one spot and then moving, it works great.

Old Swamper

My GG inner tube, with sling, 60% inflated, is tough to beat.

GregGwaltney

I made my own with some 5" or 6" thick furniture foam (Size it to your own butt) , it is lightweight, comfy, and quiet. I used some waterproof camo fabric sewn around it with 2 shoulder straps(and 1 breast strap) attached. ....works great for me.
gwaltneygamecalls.com

2024 S.E. Comp-1st Place & Best in Class Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-1st Air Operated Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 S.E. Comp-3rd Place Trumpet
2022 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2019 Grand Nat'l-3rd Air Operated Trumpet

MJW

76chevy

just messaged Glenda to order one!!

that satchel is top notch!

Lcmacd 58

wchadw

I have a fatboy? I think it's called. About 3" thick and I can sit on it for a long time. I'm pretty old and prefer a lounger now but for run and run I like the fatboy. Has a carry strap

MK M GOBL

I have the Hunt Comfort "FatBoy" seat/cushion and don't think that you can beat it, they have several different styles to choose from, they are on the pricey side but for me well worth it, I have a few.

The only other thing I would say is looking into a Turkey Hunting Lounger.

MK M GOBL

wchadw

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 03, 2024, 09:58:23 AM
I have the Hunt Comfort "FatBoy" seat/cushion and don't think that you can beat it, they have several different styles to choose from, they are on the pricey side but for me well worth it, I have a few.

The only other thing I would say is looking into a Turkey Hunting Lounger.

MK M GOBL
This is it. Thick foam but doesn't compress too much so it's comfortable

Notsoyoungturk

My daughter suprised me this year and said she wanted to go turkey hunting.  Just ordered another Glenda Green.  Her quality never fails to impress.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

cwhitfield96

Never found a cushion near as comfortable as the low profile chair