OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal TSS #9

Started by Tom Dooley, March 11, 2020, 10:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Dooley

The 20ga federal tss #9 shells I bought this year do not shoot as good as the ones I bought last year. Has anyone else seen this.

randywallace

I haven't shot this year vs. last year shells in the same gun setup.  I did pattern a gun for a friend that is identical in setup to my daughter's gun.  870 20 gauge youth models with a JEBs .555 and Fed 9s.  Mine with shells from last year, his with shells from this year.  50 pellet difference in the 10 ring.  Could be the specific gun or could be the shells. 

mtns2hunt

Quote from: Tom Dooley on March 11, 2020, 10:11:49 AM
The 20ga federal tss #9 shells I bought this year do not shoot as good as the ones I bought last year. Has anyone else seen this.

Seems to be a lot of inconsistancies in shells this year. Reason I started loading my own. Manufactures are under a lot of pressure to produce which can lead to a decline in quality control.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

BandedSpur

Quote from: mtns2hunt on March 29, 2020, 11:14:07 PM

Seems to be a lot of inconsistancies in shells this year. Reason I started loading my own. Manufactures are under a lot of pressure to produce which can lead to a decline in quality control.

This^^^. My handloads this year look exactly like my handloads from last year, since nothing has changed. People are complaining this year about recently bought Winch LBs not shooting like past years and we all remember the EM HS debacle of a couple of years ago with regards to good and bad lot numbers. Only way to control that is to roll your own.

Curtdawg88

Quote from: BandedSpur on March 30, 2020, 08:07:38 AM

This^^^. My handloads this year look exactly like my handloads from last year, since nothing has changed. People are complaining this year about recently bought Winch LBs not shooting like past years and we all remember the EM HS debacle of a couple of years ago with regards to good and bad lot numbers. Only way to control that is to roll your own.
That said, what would be a ballpark cost to get started handloading?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

mtns2hunt

Quote from: Curtdawg88 on March 30, 2020, 01:35:36 PM
Quote from: BandedSpur on March 30, 2020, 08:07:38 AM

Really depends on what you already have. Do you reload anything else? There are many posts on here detailing the loading of TSS. Here is a link to get you started.

https://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,95309.15.html

That said, what would be a ballpark cost to get started handloading?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.