News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cody World Class

Started by PEPPERHEAD, January 30, 2020, 04:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PEPPERHEAD

bbcoach

I'll chime in.  I'll say I don't have a Cody but I have seen several of the videos posted and have heard a few.  I have to say they definitely have turkey in them.  There have been many threads on this site that have discussed calls that are hunters favorites that kill birds.  Very few individual calls are mentioned more than a couple of times.  The consensus is there isn't a Holy Grail call.  My go to call is a Primos Ol Betsy ($15) grey slate with a laminated wood striker that has been the death of many birds.  It has a Grand Slam to it's credit and gets birds gobbling regularly.  Some SWEAR by Cody's and I'm sure you'll hear from some of them.  Personally I can't bring myself to pony up $200 for a call, when there are many  out there that will get the job done for a whole lot less money.  My 2 cents.

Here's one of the recent threads that has been posted that provides some evidence of NO HOLY GRAIL.  http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,94427.0.html

Harty

I've played one and hunted them(friends).i would like one,but....The wait is LONG,money is required up front and I have heard customer service is poor. I am willing to wait for an outstanding call, but money up front and poor customer service....NOPE for me

MK M GOBL

I have killed birds with plenty of different calls and still go back to my CODY World Class Slate as my killer call. Now some will spend a bunch of money on what I call "Pretty" all well and fine if that's what your looking for, and not to say they won't kill birds for you, but I'm looking for that sound. I started out with a old Primos Slate call and killed birds. BIG thing to me is having confidence in the call you are using and the ability to run it. We all know those of us who practice way too much sound better than most of the hens out there LOL.

Pick a call by the sound you like, try it out in the timber on birds and if it works hang with it. I found my CODY by hearing being played at a sport show I was at and I could pick out the sound of that call over all the other ones there... I finally walked up to guy running in go the info on it and ordered mine, been killing birds for 20+ years.

As I always say "I'll pick performance over pretty"

MK M GOBL

And Yes that's my bird Hook!

va longbeard

Quote from: bbcoach on January 30, 2020, 05:44:03 PM
I'll chime in.  I'll say I don't have a Cody but I have seen several of the videos posted and have heard a few.  I have to say they definitely have turkey in them.  There have been many threads on this site that have discussed calls that are hunters favorites that kill birds.  Very few are mentioned more than a couple of times.  The consensus is there isn't a Holy Grail call.  My go to call is a Primos Ol Betsy ($15) grey slate with a laminated wood striker that has been the death of many birds.  It has a Grand Slam to it's credit and gets birds gobbling regularly.  Some SWEAR by Cody's and I'm sure you'll hear from some of them.  Personally I can't bring myself to pony up $200 for a call, when there are many  out there that will get the job done for a whole lot less money.  My 2 cents.

Best quote of the day I totally agree there is no holly grail call and not everyone or every turkey likes the same sound out of a call.

I know I have just about reached the point of giving up on trying to obtain that holly grail call but I have to say I have accumulated a lot of great hunting calls in that search though.

Charlie 51

Just thoughts I would put my opinion in..have 4 word clas or spec 1.. also have several of their cheaper calls..best call I have ever played and I have played many was a $19 envy bought at wal mart made by Cody.busted it one day putting vest in truck..sent it back to Cody an they replaced glass..but it wasn't the same..met them at NWTF and they were extremely nice..the spec 1 is the first call I pull out on any given morning..second is hollran. But I agree with the others..it's what you have confidence in..are they worth $200.. is TSS shells worth $5 apiece..in my opinion yes..they both kill..

EZ

I bought a World Class slate from Bill back in the early 90's. At the time, it was the best call I had ever heard and I knew immediately I was buying one. Got it for $25 and had him sign it. I loved that call and still do. Killed a bunch of turkeys with it. Would I pay $200 for one today? No way, not with the dozens and dozens of great callmakers that produce just as good a sounding call for way cheaper. It's not 1993 anymore in the turkey call world.

That said, I will never part with my Cody WC.

Spitten and drummen

I have 2 and they wont be going anywhere. I have a whole lot of custom calls and the 2 world class slates I have run right up there with them.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

skimerhorn

I've had nothing but good luck from mine