Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Grand Slam Success!

Started by harleytom, April 18, 2018, 04:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harleytom

Well, it took 3 trips, thousands of miles, enduring tons of rain and mud, and finally hunting for 7 hours in subfreezing temps and 6 inches of snow, but managed to bag my Merriam's today. Not sure if he'll be an upgrade or not but I'll get him measured up later and posted. Just basking in the glow of a personal goal achieved right now. Still a few days of hunting left.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

cramerhunts

:you_rock:

Wooohooo! Huge congratulations on the completion of your slam and with a beautiful bird too!

FullChoke

Yeah dude, that is the way to make it happen! Big old gobbler in the snow. Love those creamy white tips on the tail feathers. Congratulations on this milestone.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

xarcher

Way to get it done. And you coulda put him in ice right away!!!

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

paintbrush

Way to go! Congrats on finishing up on your slam!!

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

3seasons

Awesome. Huge congrats on your slam!!!

harleytom

Thanks guys, turns out after measuring this bird up he's even better than I thought, 71.575, my best bird ever. Brought him back to have him mounted so I can admire him for years to come.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Spikeit

Nice bird and a great accomplishment congrats!

xarcher

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

3bailey3

Congrats on your SLAM! Great bird and pics!