Crossbow recommendations

Started by Fieldturkey, August 08, 2017, 07:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoors

Excalibur Has my vote
             :icon_thumright:   The simplicity   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Meadow Valley Man

Quote from: MK M GOBL on August 08, 2017, 08:05:14 PM
I would go with any of the "TenPoint" line, if you want to stay on the lower price point look at Wicked Ridge and the New Invader G3 ACUdraw™ Crossbow Package, right at $650.00

Everything you need to start hunting
Shoots bolts up to 330 fps
Crisp, quiet 3.5-lb. trigger
ACUdraw gear-assisted cocking system
Wicked Ridge's Invader G3 ACUdraw Crossbow Package sports a semi-skeletal, cored stock to reduce weight without compromising strength. Risers and pockets are CNC-machined for superior quality and strength. Acura-Angle™ barrel. T2™ trigger has a smooth, quiet 3.5-lb. pull. Dry-Fire Inhibitor (DFI™) prevents crossbow from firing without a bolt. TenPoint 3X Multi-Line™ Scope provides accuracy at long ranges. ACUdraw gear-assisted cocking system for accurate, effortless draws. Integrated swivel studs allow quick attachment of a sling. Made in USA.
Speed: 330 fps.
Power stroke: 13.5".
Draw wt: 165 lbs.
Kinetic energy: 97 ft.-lbs. KE.
Length: 38".
Width: 19" (cocked); 21" (uncocked).
Wt: 6.6 lbs.; with accessories: 8.9 lbs.
Camo pattern: Mossy Oak® Treestand®.

Invader G3 ACUdraw Crossbow Package includes: crossbow, TenPoint 3X Multi-Line Scope, ACUdraw rope-cocking system, 3-bolt quiver and three Wicked Ridge carbon bolts.

MK M GOBL
I bought this bow last year, and took an 8 point with it in December.  It's a great crossbow.

jblackburn

Only ones I've ever shot were a wicked ridge (ten point off shoot) and dartons. Both seemed well built and shot well.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

CMBOSTC

When I was in the market a few years ago I was dead set on TenPoint. A buddy of mine brought his Excalibur 335 to fall turkey camp. I shot it, and man was it a tack driver. I also found out that it was considerably cheaper and maintained similar specs. to a TenPoint. However, being that your dad can't draw a bow like he use to, I would spend the extra money and get a cranker. I would look at the TenPoint line.

gatrapper

I love my Killer Instinct Furious 370 FRT.  It's on sale now and you can't beat the price.

https://www.killercrossbows.com/products/furious-370-frt
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

raywa

I have a Excalibur Micro 335 and love it.

MK M GOBL

Not that this is the case with this but if you didn't know for those who would have problems cranking a crossbow a Ten Point can be "cranked" with a electric screw/drill driver set in low speed and a regular quick change adapter in the chuck with the tip taken out fits the crank mechanism. You must TAKE CARE while doing this! But I have run into this in several instances. Been selling crossbows for better that 20 years and have not seen a company with a better track record than "Ten Point"

MK M GOBL

chadly

My wife shoots a crossbow do to an injury.  When we decided to upgrade a few years ago I was leaning towards the Tenpoint.  But she really liked the Barnett.  She ended up with the Barnett Ghost 350. On sand bags you do not want to shoot at the same target twice in fear of wrecking an arrow.  It does shoot true at 350fps which is fast by bow standards.  If I remember correctly it was around $600 with scope, quiver, and bolts.  Also it comes with the hand crank which is must for my wife.  The cranking devise is a really neat set up.

mtns2hunt

Quote from: chadly on August 11, 2017, 10:15:23 AM
My wife shoots a crossbow do to an injury.  When we decided to upgrade a few years ago I was leaning towards the Tenpoint.  But she really liked the Barnett.  She ended up with the Barnett Ghost 350. On sand bags you do not want to shoot at the same target twice in fear of wrecking an arrow.  It does shoot true at 350fps which is fast by bow standards.  If I remember correctly it was around $600 with scope, quiver, and bolts.  Also it comes with the hand crank which is must for my wife.  The cranking devise is a really neat set up.

All those extras do add up quickly. I wish there was a way to buy a bare bones bow. Most of my stuff would transfer over especally my scope.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Tombo

Quote from: owlhoot on August 08, 2017, 08:00:26 PM
Lower range Excalibur and he won't be disappointed.
love my Excalibur micro!;

Jacobson

turkeyfoot

I have Parker Thunderhawk and like it has good price and shoots real well go to Bass Pro they will have several they will let you try see what you think

owlhoot

Quote from: mtns2hunt on August 11, 2017, 06:01:59 PM
Quote from: chadly on August 11, 2017, 10:15:23 AM

All those extras do add up quickly. I wish there was a way to buy a bare bones bow. Most of my stuff would transfer over especally my scope.
Ya they don't like to do that hat it seems. Lol

owlhoot

If considering 10 point? Cabela's has a deal on one right now.
That being said I would still go Excalibur  :icon_thumright: