Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Drawing Back 4th Warning Devotional 12/01/13

Started by pappy, December 01, 2013, 11:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

We have discussed three warning signs found in Hebrews, and now the fourth..the danger of drawing back...Cambridge defines this as: to move away from someone or something, usually because you are surprised or frightened: How could one become surprised or frightened of the Word of God or Christ? Let's look at the verses holding this warning.
10: 26,27....... For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Do you know what the word apostasy means? Wikipedia says it is the formal disaffiliation from or abandonment or renunciation of a religion by a person. WOW......here is the kicker....we as Christians KNOW what the word says about sin, we KNOW what it says about FORGIVENESS, but do we know what it says about the person who willingly walks away from God? The person who decides they no longer need Christ or their own personal salvation through the mercy and grace of God? How can a person reach this state? To be honest, I do not have the answer (totally) as that is between the person and God, but I do know, there are warnings found throughout the Bible and especially in Hebrews, that forewarns us of this pending dangerous state!
To willfully turn your back on God! To willfully walk away from God? What could one expect if they choose this route? Verses 28-29 explains what would happen to someone who would break the laws of Moses, "died without mercy".....and someone who completely willfully deny Christ, who died for their sins, does so to insult the Holy Spirit, in other words, Blasphemes against the Holy Ghost..without conscience of their pending doom, some call it reaching the point of no return, or a reprobate mind...whatever...we must know that the punishment is far worse then a slap on the hand. For in verse 30,31 it says: For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Imagine the pains of dying without mercy.....under the hand of mercy itself? How dreadful is the case, when not only the justice of God, but his abused grace and mercy call for vengeance! So I ask you just how important is it to follow carefully these warnings we find in Hebrews?
Romans 1: 27-29 tells us ..." And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers...backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." To fall under the vengeful hand of the Living God...who through Mercy and Grace, allowed the gap between Himself and Man to be bridged by Christ, now must sadly turn His back on those who willingly turn their backs on Him. Is this to say that there is no Hope for those who sin? Lord No...for those who commit sin and seek forgiveness are covered by the Covenant written in the blood of Jesus, but for those who refuse, who willfully reject and or deny.....GOD....can only expect to live their lives without that loving Mercy and Grace and without the hand of Righteousness to lift them Heavenly upon their demise!

my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206