Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

question on hunting really hilly woods under clouds

Started by luked, April 28, 2013, 02:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luked

I have been having a heck of a time this year so far and not in a good way. today went into an area where my brother has been hunting some it's very hilly and brushy and just starting to green up. but we have also not had the best weather yesterday it was rainy and cool with lots of clouds and today no rain but lots of clouds and I just can't seem to get the birds to gobble at all
forecast is calling for warmer temps this week but still cloudy. what would you all suggest to try to get a bird in this type of terrain and weather
would really like to get a bird this year and having a heck of a time

StorminNorman

In hilly terrain if I get a bird to answer I try to get at his level or slightly above . You'll hear that you can't call one downhill , which I have found out is not true. But I do try to atleast get even . How thick is brushy ? And that could an area where hens goto sit if they have a nest. They may tow along a love sick boyfriend even though she wants nothing to do with them.  Weather ?? all kinds of factors go into a lull in gobbling including weather , or maybe a black cat crossed their path  ;)