Main Menu

10 gauge picture thread

Started by jerf, March 30, 2013, 10:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerf

Rockhound

Where did you get the stock set for the sp10

jerf

This used to be my budies gun he posted on here a month ago to find a set of thumb hole stocks, And i think the guy that answerd him was phillbilly.

Full_Fan

Very cool setup.  Here's mine.  Pretty plain Jane by today's standards, but she has never let me down.  I do like your thumbhole stock.  Does that lighten the overall weight considerably compared to the walnut stocks?  Is that a Remington OEM stock or was it custom made/fit for your gun?

jerf

Its made for remington by boyds gun stocks i think. Its heavier than the original wood stock.

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

jerf

I think after season here in pa, i'm gonna try and fit a 11-87 sure shot stock to it and then get the stocks and scope mount dipped.

Full_Fan

Thanks jerf.  I can't believe it's heavier!  The darn walnut stock has some heft to it as is.  I have some really nice lightweight custom stocks on some of my rifles made from a super light and really strong composite type material.  Too bad there's not anything similar out there for an SP10 thumbhole.

jerf

Hey, guy's this is for any 10. gauge not just remmy's.

jerf

Old Gobbler your gun looks good and heavy. Do you think a 11-87 sure shot stock could be fitted to a Sp-10.If not i will order the regular black synthetic butt stock from rem.

Old Gobbler

Quote from: jerf on April 04, 2013, 10:30:16 PM
Old Gobbler your gun looks good and heavy. Do you think a 11-87 sure shot stock could be fitted to a Sp-10.If not i will order the regular black synthetic butt stock from rem.
There were a couple of guys that put a 1187 sureshot on a sp10 - there was a 3/8- 1/4 gap that they filled in with a epoxy  , and some other minor mods - they said it wasn't too hard to do - there is a thread here about it somewhere

that stock on mine is a 1187 pistol grip stock BTW , it was not fun to do , I also shorted the LOP , and stippled the grip -
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

ElkTurkMan

Ok I finally have my SP-10 converted from Goose Rig to turkey rig.  I took me forever to find one, but 3 weeks ago I finally found and purchased a 23" barrell.  The only one I found was a mossy oak obsession finish barrell.  So I ordered a wrap kit from mossy oak to do the rest of the gun with.  I had previously purchased a saddle, I installed it, then wrapped the gun.  I mounted  A Tru-Glo Gobble stopper red dot on it.  I have Two chokes I will try with it.  One is kicks 690 choke I will shoot with federal #7's, and I have a Rhino .720 and some Nitro 2x5x7's.  It will be fun playing with it.  I want to give a shout out to Shannon for hooking me up with the Kick's choke and giving me a couple of #7's to try, when I met him in March Turkey hunting.  I will post up both patterns when I get them shot.   

tomstopper

Beautiful guns fellas......

Yoder409

Quote from: tomstopper on May 13, 2013, 10:27:54 PM
Beautiful guns fellas......

Well here's an UGLY one for ya !!    ;D

Her name's Geraldine.  She started life as a 30" stalker.  Had her shortened to 23 1/2" and re-threaded,  forcing cone done and a XXX-Full Comp-N-Choke screwed in the end.  Has a set of old original Light-N-Sights ghost ring sights.  Camo job ala me, a couple leaves, a fern and 3 or 4 colors of Krylon.  Ugly as a mud fence but throws patterns 6's or 2's that hit like a freight train.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

nflorek

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2